• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC250 Add Ether Injector for cold start. Without a turbo, With a turbo

Superthermal

I live in Utah and it doesn't get too cold here but yes, cold is not what the NHC250 likes. Since the NHC250 is a dog to start in the cold, has anyone added an ether injector to their setup to assist in those cold days?
Now I do have the heater element, and my primer does seem to work, but it seems to be more of an art rather than something I would trust my life to not being stuck in the High Unitas with a dead battery trying to start my BOT on a frigid winter morning as a full winter storm approaches.
Anyone seen this done? If so, my questions would be:
1. Where in the intake did you mount the injector? Needs to be mounted in the correct spot to not have "explosions in the intake manifold".
2. Did you buy an injector unit or did you need to make something special?
3. How did you set it up to be triggered?
4. DID YOU LOVE IT? You know, because it works excellent!!!
5. What would you have done different if being offered to do it again.
1698879388376.png

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing about ether and preheat... pick one or the other. Do not combine them.

For the NH250 I prefer ether.

Although the 939series has built in on board ether, I use a spray can and squirt it briefly over my left shoulder right as I start to crank. It's thoroughly mixed by the time it reaches the cylinders.

On 809series trucks, similar technique except with windshield open allowing you to aim at the air intake, either turbo or not (I've done both). Emphasis here that ether takes the place of the preheat.

Since 939series trucks have onboard ether and an NH250, why reinvent the wheel? Just source the ether kit off a 939series truck. But onboard really isn't necessary as a can works fine if you know enough not to overdo it.

A few years ago and it was 17 below and the only thing that would start on its own was my M998. The M936A2 and the M925 got slaved from the HMMWV, along with a quick shot of ether for each.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks