• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC250 AFC Pump Tachometer Drive Oil Leak

mgman

I have an oil leak on my M925 with the NHC250 engine. Oil is coming up and leaking out of the tach pulse sender. I see in the 24P-1 parts book that the shaft drive seal is P/N 212603. My question is can this be changed without pulling the pump off. I am concerned about the drive gear falling out of location when the shaft is pulled out.

Edited title.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a tool to do it, but pretty easy to do it w/o it. Just as Simp says, you just need a driver to re-install. The pic above is the tach drive shaft bushing. If you don't have one, a socket can be used, I used to use a snappy 1/2 chrome deep socket. The drive end fit perfectly in the seal bore. However, sometimes it is the shaft that is the issue, so a seal might fix it for a bit, but it will happen again. IIRC, the assembly can be remover/replaced with the pump installed, sorry, it's been a bit. It is true, use it or lose it!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC....again....the drive onthe military stuff was larger than "normal" Make sure you give an ESN to whom ever is ordering the shaft. If they can't do it, I can supply an OLD number and it can be cross referenced

mgman

Th
IIRC....again....the drive onthe military stuff was larger than "normal" Make sure you give an ESN to whom ever is ordering the shaft. If they can't do it, I can supply an OLD number and it can be cross referenced
The one I ordered is in USGI packaging with the correct NSN and PN.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks