• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC250 Spin On Adapter Parts Help

Speedzilla

Hey Guys, I have had a spin on filter kit laying around for a while, and want to put it on this next oil change but I am missing some items. Attached are pictures of what I have. I think I am only missing the base gasket and some instructions, would anyone be able to confirm this? Help help as to what brand adapter this is would be great as well! Need to find any missing parts and some instructions. Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Here is what I found!

This kit is a Cummins 3300923S adapter kit. This is the correct adapter kit for Military vehicle use. Cummins lists this part as obsolete, but I believe this adapter is made by one supplier and sold through Cummins/Wix/Baldwin/Fleetguard etc so hopefully there will be future availability.

The base gasket crosses to a NAPA 5271.

Thank you to member Swamp Donkey for posting my now attached included instructions!

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Base gasket would work just like the cartridge filter. The instructions are pretty simple, just swap that in place of the canister/filter with the bolt and torque to 25-35ft-lbs. Then spin on your new filter.

Speedzilla

I see there are two thickness gaskets for the folder side, any idea how to choose which one they want you to use? If anyone had a part number for the base gasket that would be great!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's for the inside to keep the oil flowing through the filter. Goes under the base. Your spin on filter has a ring

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I do not know the right number. But If you go to the Wix site and put in 51954 filter (stock filter for can) it will come up with the list of gaskets used with that filter and maybe you can figure witch one you need.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be going to the property Tuesday and I have some kits so I will look at the instructions and let you know about the two different rubbers. Thought it was the thinner one we use but lets wait and see what the instructions say. I have been wrong before.

Speedzilla

Just found an old thread by JWaller HERE and I can read the same 3300911 on the back of the adapter. (It might have been him I bought the kit from now that I think about it!) His post also shows a box with the Cummins number 3300923S, which is what I found Cummins listed as saying pre-68 engines, but apparently that is the number you MUST use on these Military trucks. The post 1968 adapter is too thin, JWaller shows a picture of it, he bought that first and it didn't fit.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The baldwin I used referenced 2 different gaskets for horizontal or vertical applications. It was a reboxed fleetguard and I do remember that the older model is the correct ones for our trucks. ( don't go by the year of the truck)

I remember the filter base gasket being much thicker than the original canister gasket.

Speedzilla

Just put the gasket between the adapter and the block. Torque to spec. It's that easy.
Sorry to drag things out, but what about the two smaller gaskets? I don't know where or which to use. I also need the larger base gasket.

Again, sorry for being pedantic about it, but of all things to get right I think the oil filter is one of them.

goldneagle

Sorry to drag things out, but what about the two smaller gaskets? I don't know where or which to use. I also need the larger base gasket.

Again, sorry for being pedantic about it, but of all things to get right I think the oil filter is one of them.
Use the thicker of the two gaskets on the opposite side of the filter (engine side) The filter side does not have a gasket.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked this morning and the wix number for the large gasket is #15271 napa should have it.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a picture of the Baldwin filter kit instructions. Not sure if this is yours or not.

The note above the chart tells you which of the small gaskets to use.

IMG_20141118_184125_029.jpg

Speedzilla

I looked this morning and the wix number for the large gasket is #15271 napa should have it.
Hey, good to know out data matches up! Thank you. After looking at more websites than I care to remember, I finally found the dimensions for the gasket in the original Cummins kit and matched it to a 5271 Napa. Dimensions by the listing are only 2 hundredths off. One will be in for me in the morning. I will report back with my luck! :)

Here's a picture of the Baldwin filter kit instructions. Not sure if this is yours or not.

The note above the chart tells you which of the small gaskets to use.

View attachment 527677
Thank you VERY much! I think there is only one supplier making the adapter and multiple people selling it, so these instructions should do the trick.

I should be good to go, my M816 thanks everyone!

Speedzilla

I've heard two people mention using a thicker gasket, and one person using a thinner one. I was going to check for a P/N on the head. I was unable to find anything useful regarding "197093" online, hoping to find a part number when I do my oil change today! I will report back.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been selling the kits for a while and utilize the #4 gasket, the #3 gasket is used on the NH (New Holland) horizontal pump configuration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks