• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NIB Phillipine "Jeep" replacement body Interest/value?

R3Fab

Visited a neighbor today who is clearing out some of his project cars.
Mostly hot-rod cars and parts from the 30's and up.
Among the trove is a never mounted Phillipine made "Jeep" body.
I have no interest in it and no idea of it's value.
His story is that they were made as replacement bodies for Mil., I suspect that is not really true.
I recall these being for sale decades ago.
If there is interest I can get more details as to model/type and exactly how much is there but I think it is just the tub.
He's been selling a lot of projects at pretty good prices.

I realize not "Authentic" but might be attractive as the "Easy Button" to do a driver quality restoration?

R3Fab

Retail on this tub today is $2600.
Went for another look.
Still not certain what model it is and the owner was not home.
But his assistant says "It looks like a CJ5".
What I do know now is that it is not just a tub, it appears to be a complete body.
It does have a tail-gate opening.
Going to be a lot of work to dig it out for pictures so I am going to wait for the owner to give me a price first.
He should also know the exact model.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only one military Jeep had a tailgate, that being the M38. A M38 repro body will have a huge rectangular hole in the middle of the dash board for the instrument cluster.

R3Fab

I suspect this may not actually be a Mil. replica body as I was told.
Folk get careless or misinformed.
In any case it is a very nice body.
I have too many projects already (Just bought a Lotus Europa!) or I could think of several ways to build this into an ultimate 4x4.

Reactions: D6T

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M D Juan made and still makes repro bodies in the Phillippines and sells them here in the US through a number of suppliers. As stated above, the current retail price is about $2600.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks