• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nice high capacity winches, 24v!

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to buy one of those 25k stallion winches, but they keep raising their prices. IMO, they've priced themselves out of their competitive category.

I'd rather look for a worm drive winch with a much longer cable capacity now.
Yeah I looked at them a year ago and they were $1,295.00 and now they are $2k…that’s just crazy.
Also all of there add-ons also went up crazy money.
I should have purchased one last year. Now, I don’t think so!
I had seen in 2021 that a couple of SS member said that they got them for $899.00 with shipping.
But I guess, where are you going to find a winch that has that kind of rating?
I guess you can get a lower rates one and use a lot of pulleys, but that is a PITA!

7bdiver

I might start looking at these guys. They have quite the selection, and it looks like they're putting more than the bare minimum into their product. But again! These are budget import winches! So yeah, double size them for sure.

They do have a 20k lb winch or two! So yay!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. I mean look at it. Its still a chineese made winch with rock bottom features. 2k is just stupid money for what it is. I'm patient. Someone will do the exact same thing for 900 bucks again and eat their lunch. Really stupid move Sherpa.
The Warn 18Ks with the MRAP retrofit kits come up on GP from time to time

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. I mean look at it. Its still a chineese made winch with rock bottom features. 2k is just stupid money for what it is. I'm patient. Someone will do the exact same thing for 900 bucks again and eat their lunch. Really stupid move Sherpa.
Yeah the parts maybe made in China but there website states the winches are designed, assembled and tested in Australia.

I think if the Chinese were producing the winches in China and shipping them to Australia for Sherpa then they would most likely be making, Red Commie knockoffs to sell cheaper and undercut Sherpa, because that’s what they do!

It is my belief that Sherpa is ordering and buying parts from China and shipping the parts to Australia so China doesn’t make a knockoff.
But, that is just my opinion…who knows?

Last edited:

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Project farm which is an excellent YouTube channel you should check out if you haven't already, has just reviewed several brands of approximately 12,000 lb capacity winches including Warn, Badland, and super winch. The results may surprise you a bit!
if you aren't already a fan of his channel you should definitely check it out every time you are looking for a new tool because he does a fairly extensive testing criteria for each type of thing he tests. Another good similar channel is torque test channel which is a bit more specific in which kinds of things they test but they do a good job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks