• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nice M916 and MET.

Ozzytrucker

I took this photo myself at the Lakeside Sand and Gravel Co annual show at Mantua OH last year. It's in beautiful condition so I thought I share it here. I took the photo as mentioned so I'm making it copy-right free here at Steel Soldiers for our colleagues to copy or print or do with whatever they like. I'll be seeing it again this year at the same show so I'll do walk around photo shoot then.

Cheers
Ozzytrucker.

Attachments

Ozzytrucker

Nice, more pics if you could please.
Sorry gents, that is my only pic. It was really cold and freezing wet at the time. I'll be attending the Lakeside Sand & Gravel Company annual historic truck and equipment working show near Mantura OH on 27[SUP]th[/SUP]April again this year. It will most probably be there again and I intend to do a walk-around pictorial for the board here. So hang on till then guys. Sure is a nicely prepped rig, a credit to the owners, it looked like it was brand new at the show. Actually, I think I am mistaken in identifying the trailer as an MET. Guys on the forum here will be able to correctly identify that trailer and if so, please fire away and straighten me out on it. The whole rig was a matched unit and had all the ID plates, it was just too cold.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took this photo myself at the Lakeside Sand and Gravel Co annual show at Mantua OH last year. It's in beautiful condition so I thought I share it here. I took the photo as mentioned so I'm making it copy-right free here at Steel Soldiers for our colleagues to copy or print or do with whatever they like. I'll be seeing it again this year at the same show so I'll do walk around photo shoot then.

Cheers
Ozzytrucker.
From our site rules;
Copyright: All photographs and printed material on SS.com are protected by US and International Copyright rules. Please do not reproduce any part of the SS website or forums without the approval of the site management. Copyright to posts and other information become the property of the SS website.

ReoRider

Very sharp rig. Can't see the rear of the trailer too well, but it looks like a M172(A1?). It is a real survivor, as most were built in the late '60"s and they are still coming out on GL. As the replacement trailers got longer and longer, the M172 was still handy for its short deck (25 Feet) and 50k capacity.

rkxswat

Thanks for the info on Lakeside Sand & Gravel. That is 15 minutes from my house. I knew he had a lot of cool stuff but did not know they did a show. Will be checking into that one.

rkxswat

Doesn't look like a 172A1, especially with the flip up ramps. I modified the one our PD had with flip ramps, but it does not look that nice. iPhone Pics 369.jpg

ReoRider

Check out the hand brake wheel on the side of the trailer tongue- only used on the earlier M172. The ramps also appear to be add-on along with some extra material on the deck.

Ozzytrucker

Thanks for the info on Lakeside Sand & Gravel. That is 15 minutes from my house. I knew he had a lot of cool stuff but did not know they did a show. Will be checking into that one.
You're welcome, will see you there on 27 April. Have put the details on Up-Coming Events Forum.

Cheers

rkxswat

Good eye! The 172A1 does not have the hand brake wheel, so you may be right on an early one. It also looks like the deck was widened. How wide could you make it? it's 115" wide stock. The ramps look nice. The ones I did used original ramps, four helper springs on each, can easily be operated by one (old) man. I can load and unload the M113 by myself, but prefer a spotter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks