• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nightmare for a noob…….

Northcross

It’s a buyer’s responsibility to have a used vehicle checked out before purchase, not afterward and when it fails blame the seller.
i promise you, I can find something wrong on ANY truck that comes into my shop, regardless of what mechanic previously worked on it.
Everything you listed as a problem identified from the shop is no big deal…and a bad diaphragm in the lift pump is 100% normal for these lift pumps.
Nowhere did I blame the seller but I would proceed with caution. I may be a rookie but even I know there’s lots of resellers putting lipstick on pigs for a quick buck. I’m sure you’d agree.

Northcross

Friday you were not puking oil out of the air filter, things change, you still need to check the ones listed to see what is going wrong.
You can also open the water drain valve on the fuel filter to see if you have any fuel flow while cranking the engine.
Will do! Thank you!

Northcross

Just following up on this in the even it helps anybody in the future.

Had a few problems:

1. Multiple clogs in fuel lines and a kinked fuel line hose

2. Engine in general was running very rough and making some interesting knocks and noises with very little to no oil pressure.
Here’s where it gets good. The part the oil filter threads into, the u-joint looking piece. If you remove this there’s a small hole that cycles the oil. Mine had an earplug stuck in that hole. Yes you read that correctly, a ear plug causing oil starvation and a complete lack of pressure.

HUGE THANKS to Chris & Dan at Southwest Military Customs in Phoenix for sorting through this and every other non-related item they took care of while they were at it.