• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NJ Deuce Newbie

tempo503

Hey Everyone!

I located a M109A down at Ft. Dix, NJ and before I get myself into more trouble than I bargained for, I was wondering if I could get some input regarding these vehicles and their condition at GL auctions.

It would seem my two biggest concerns in getting it up to my place is 1) can it be driven the 80 miles to my place (I see it runs) and 2) how can I make this legal (temp. tags, etc.)? Am I nuts for considering this? :wink:

From what I seen on the net, this place seems to be the place to go for guys who love these types of trucks, and I think I've seen a few others from NJ floating around the forums I've seen.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome , but you need to go back and read the rules you agreed to . No posting links or discussion of active or upcoming auctions.

Tempo503,
Welcome to the site. Best things you can do is read up on the vehicles and learn as much as you can. The more you know about the way they work the better. Lots of guys in your area that have M series vehicles, mostly up in Sussex Co. Newton, Sparta, Stillwater, Swartswood, Wantage, Branchville area. Go to the big Military Vehicle Show at the Sussex Co. Fairgrounds on April 28 and 29. You will find many helpful guys and a ton of parts.

John

Jesse6325

One thing I would SERIOUSLY suggest is read the TM's available on this site.
Check your brakes carefully, Single circut brakse can be rather exciting if they have a leak somewhere.:shock:
Then really it's just fluids, Tires/wheels/wheel fasteners(lugnuts)Torque rods and drive shafts.
Above all have fun and be safe!

m816

First, just go and kick the tires. Start it up and see if it will move on its own.Then see if it will stop on its own ( without the use of a secondary object, like a tree or another vehicle) If after that, you actually win the truck, You can always post the need for help. Never buy something from pictures. All of the afore mentioned people will be at the MTA show at Sussex co. and they will be more thatn willing to help you. They all know a lot of stuff and can give you a lot of insite on owning one of these beauties. Vinny

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inspect the truck in person . If you don't inspect , don't bid high than the amount of money you can afford to throw away . Some base will not let you drive them off base they must be towed , check base rules before bidding .