• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NJ Pine Barrens Trip: 11-29-08, Saturday

Mike_Pop

Anyone interested in a NJ Pine Barrens trip on Saturday, November 29? Any military or 4x4 vehicle is welcome to attend. I would suggest that anything bigger than a deuce not attend since the trails may be narrow and bridges within the Pines have weight restrictions.

Meeting place will be at Batsto State Park (Batsto Village) at 9am. Hitting the trails between 10-11am. We will meet at the parking lot within the park if anyone wishes to explore the park itself. Lots of history there and it's worth the visit.

Batsto Village: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/virtual_tours/basto_state_park.html

Places we may also visit:
Atsion State Park
Hampton Furnace & nearby water pits
Apple Pie Hill & fire tower
Area around Warren Grove Bombing Range

For more info, email me:
mpop5555@aol.com

Last edited:

Mike_Pop

Ok...so far we have:
2 Pinzgauers
2 Unimogs
1 M1009
1 WWII Jeep
1 Suburban
1 M1009
And some other people who will be passengers

Come on out and join the fun!!!

FormerNewMVGuy

I am considering it. although it is 75 miles one way to get there in the old duece:wink: I'll know if i can make it as we get closer to the date:|

Did you get rid of your duece Mike?

Mike_Pop

Scott...

Brian and Gary are coming from Easton, PA in their Pinzgauers. Bob from Highland Lakes, NJ is coming in his Unimog. They have quite a distance to travel.

Still have the deuce.

offroaddiesel

i think the color is excellant,may be your end is not good ,cos its excellant here alot of work went into this upgrade a little thanks would not be to much to say. steve from western maine

FormerNewMVGuy

i think the color is excellant,may be your end is not good ,cos its excellant here alot of work went into this upgrade a little thanks would not be to much to say. steve from western maine
Well my eyes are starting to go! I am 47 years old and with my eye's starting to go, It is sometimes hard to focus in on all the stuff here on the new site. I have met THEROAD and he is an older gentleman who probably has the same sight issue's!
the comment that he made about the defualt colors is his opinion, and i have a hard time with them also.

This thread is about a trailride in the NJ pines, and i am pretty sure you wont be there!
So if your posting here just to start trouble , then please dont bother.

Thanks mike for putting this ride together!!:-D I am going to try my hardest to be there!

No.2Diesel

One of these days I'll make a weekend out of it and join you guys. (I still need to get those jerry cans) In anycase, thanks for continuing to organize these events Mike.

offroaddiesel

Well my eyes are starting to go! I am 47 years old and with my eye's starting to go, It is sometimes hard to focus in on all the stuff here on the new site. I have met THEROAD and he is an older gentleman who probably has the same sight issue's!
the comment that he made about the defualt colors is his opinion, and i have a hard time with them also.

This thread is about a trailride in the NJ pines, and i am pretty sure you wont be there!
So if your posting here just to start trouble , then please dont bother.

Thanks mike for putting this ride together!!:-D I am going to try my hardest to be there!
sorry ,wasnt try to caus trouble ,i would love to go to the trail ride but just got laid off so hangin close by, so again my aploligies. steve from western maine

Mike_Pop

Scott: If you can't make it in your deuce, you might be able to hitch a ride with Brian Hahl in his Pinz. (We drove up to his house on the way to Gilbert)

Charlie: If you can't bring the H2, I can pick you up since I have to go down the Parkway anyway from Spring Lake. Also, I agree on the colors but suggesting corrections to the site are beyond my control.

Mike_Pop

One more note:

We may not be ending up where we start the trail ride. Most of the participants are coming from the North so I am going to try to finish up at the northern end of Wharton State Forest, somewhere along Route 70 or Route 72.

If anyone has any two way radios, please bring them. I need someone in the front and in the rear with a radio.

FormerNewMVGuy

I plan on bringing the duece, I will plan on coming:-D The only factor will be the weather, as i dont feel like doing this on a wet day:|

Do you know the route that brian is taking down? I will be coming down rt. 29 to rt. 206. But i will also probably be early :wink:

I also have a set of cobra two way radios, they are'nt the best ,but will do the trick.

Mike_Pop

Brian and Gary will be bringing their Pinzgauers down Route 29 to Route 206. Perfect for you. email me for Brian's email address.