• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NJ Pine Barrens Trip: 11-29-08, Saturday

Mike_Pop

It seems like a few of us will be traveling down the Garden State Parkway. For those of you interested in meeting along that route, please email me at MPop5555@aol.com and I will set up something so we can convoy down.

Mike

Reactions: art

Mike_Pop

Another UPDATE:

Just got word that three more vehicles will be joining us!

The count now is 15 confirmed vehicles.

CaptainRPM

this is in my backyard (kinda) i will talk mudlord into comming with me he has a m35 and also try to get caveman trucks to come with me also with one of his bobed m35

Last edited:

CaptainRPM

i was goin through some ruts and the thing flexed and knocked the winch in gear as my foot was on the floor and snapped the pto off the tranz and dumped all the gear lube out so i drove it to the street and mud lord towed me home and took the pto off put a block off plate on it and was back in the woods in a hour sucks but it was my fault for not havin the winch out of gear at the winch

anyone no if a deuce pto is the same as the 813?

joec

Ouch..!!! That sucks!!!! Good thing MUDLORD lives close bye..!

I think so for the PTO not 100% SURE .....90% so it should be.

THEROAD

Ok where is the guy who always puts up the message "This post is worthless without pictures".
I forgot the camera; but I did see many pics being taken. Including all the "that is all bad" photos.
I had a great time and even got my H2 a little dirty. I would have gotten it really dirty if I had not seen Scott (MVNewGuy) go through a deep hole. In fact it was the same hole that ate a toyoto. All Bad
Mike thanks for putting this together. You did a fine job and we appreciate you gett'in it done!
I think a Unimog may be in the future. The little one is great for trails in NJ. That big one is a beast by the way.
The deuces ground through everything with the exception a bobbed deuce. It got stuck One of those"That is all Bad" moments.
Who were those guys in the little jeeps and trucks? Just plain crazy. That jeep cheroke screamed through the mud bogs.
Thanks again
Charlie

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
5 ton PTO is 5 ton specific I believe.

joec

i actually started construction of a new chassis last week for the toyota. hoping to have it together and done before i take off for florida in march for trucks gone wild dysfunctional family picnic

Sweet...You doing a tube chassis? This time or?