• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NJ seeks to ban MV's in state forests

saddamsnightmare

July 24th, 2014.

Posts 53 & 58, Thanks. This is a subject that does need dredged up every now and then to allow the idea, and the subject to be examined and discussed by members who may not have seen the original posts. It is a subject Germaine to our hobby, and to the public perception of us as preservationists (both of the vehicles, their history and their educational values). If we are perceived as part of the problem ones, destroying historic and natural sites, then we will be restricted.

Anyone remember the twit that flipped the abandoned, yet historic bus in the desert a while back? Yet as poster 53 above notes, there are ways to control the damage. Anyone taken the Rubicon Trail ride in Ca.? Get off the trail more then a couple of feet and see what happens..... yet the trail remains for us to use, and protect..... As always we benefit, or we lose from our good or bad decisions.:-D
Discussion costs but little, enlightenment changes much... Thank you for your patience so far.

Have a Great Weekend coming up!

Badfish740

Sorry to bump an extremely old thread, but I can't seem to get a clear answer on whether or not this rule change was ever implemented. If it has it could put a serious damper on my plans to build an M37 since I would not be able to operate it on State Forest, Park (specifically Island Beach) or Wildlife Management Area lands. Of course, I guess I could try to register it as a plain old Power Wagon :mrgreen:

saddamsnightmare

February 12th, 2017.

Badfish 470:

I have no additional information on your question above, but it may not matter what you register the truck as, if, other 4X4 users have behaved badly and damaged the state and/or federal forest trails in question. As I noted above, we will get classed with such others as they misuse the equipment, we get the blowback. Hence it is up to us to be exceptionally wise users of the vehicles, roads and trails.

Good luck in any case!:-D

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wharton state forest was 94000 acres, learned to drive there, spent many a Sunday driving thru, stopping in and enjoying.

Was lost in the sugar sand in a 52 Chevy, stuck deep, man with a jeep W?W/W happened by and pulled us out, no one else around for miles and miles. 1965?

Saw the homes encroaching in thru special permit. Never saw a bit of trash and didn't leave any.
I grew with my very own swamps and lakes and forests. Last I went back and looked around I found all the places I hunted and fished and played now full of McMansions and the orchards and farm fields all paved over.

NJ remains the most densely populated state. You get what you got.
It is a good place to be FROM.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks