• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No# 2 m1009 saved from the bone yard

bassplayer88

Just picked up #2 m1009 yesterday . The front axel has been picked over pretty well, and the usual seats tires bla bla bal. But the odometer only has 12455 :D on it . Markings on the body show it was a commanding general of a Al National Guard MP Company vehicle. After inspecting the engine compartment and under carraige, I believe it to be actual 12.5K. exhuast is just surface rust , no oil or trany leakage . trany pan and oil pan are very clean. Ifs its 112K its got to be the cleanest 112k drive tran I've ever seen ... This unit will become x2 wvo multi generator power supply .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front axle parts are a dime a dozen and new crate front axle are seeling for about $400 from various sources. Looks like a keeper

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your speedo shows 012552. SO, if it DOES have 100,000+ miles someone rolled the speedo back.

CONGRATS. Glad to see the better body. I was a bit concerned when I was scrolling down past the one missing the body. That would have been a difficult (not impossible, but certainly expensive) restoration.

Having seen the second body, WAY TO GO!! All you need to do is pull and swap on most stuff. Then do the rebuild on the axles. You scored big time.

jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks