• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NO Air Out for tools

IronViking

I just switched out my Miil style air out for a standard
quick connect and after charging the tanks nothing!
So I traced the line back to its source and saw this.
Is this a valve of some sort that opens the line to the air out at thr rear of my Deuce. ( the yellowone).
Thanks
#1 is the valve
#2 is line out

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1) is the air op brake switch. 2) is the service line and only has air when you are applying the brakes.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the switch you have pictured is the air activated brake switch. You need to use the passenger side gladhand to use air tools from the rear. Also, make sure the valve at the gladhand is open. The ones on my truck are backwards from most other valves. When the handles are in line with the lines, they are closed, when they are facing like they across the line, they are open.

steelandcanvas

WillWagner said:
The ones on my truck are backwards from most other valves. When the handles are in line with the lines, they are closed, when they are facing like they across the line, they are open.
Why is that? Mine are the same way. Doesn't make sense.

Jake0147

I just figure that in that in the "normal" positon they are less prone to getting pushed out of place by sticks or brush and such, and while in the "towing" position you're more than likely towing a trailer, which means more often than not you're probably at least not the first in line when crashing through the trees and brush. Probably not right, I'm going with it until I hear better.

rmgill

IronViking said:
I just switched out my Miil style air out for a standard
quick connect and after charging the tanks nothing!
So I traced the line back to its source and saw this.
Is this a valve of some sort that opens the line to the air out at thr rear of my Deuce. ( the yellowone).
Thanks
#1 is the valve
#2 is line out
That's the pressure sensor for the Air Pack which turns on your brake lights. You have the "brake application" point. As they say below, the service vs the emergency. For air that's constantly supplied, you want the RIGHT side glad hand on the rear for tank air.

IronViking

RE: Re: NO Air Out for tools

I fiuguried the one Makred "Service"(drive side painted yellow) was for tools, and the Marked " Emergency"(Pass. side painted red) was for the brakes.
Any reasons why they would be marked with those lables?
I couldnt get the TMs to open ,maybe my computer? anyone else having this prob too?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: NO Air Out for tools

IronViking said:
I fiuguried the one Makred "Service"(drive side painted yellow) was for tools, and the Marked " Emergency"(Pass. side painted red) was for the brakes.
Any reasons why they would be marked with those lables?
I couldnt get the TMs to open ,maybe my computer? anyone else having this prob too?
Unless you have a trailer with dual hoses, the brake hose for the trailer goes to the yellow connection. If you put it on the red one, the brakes will have PSI all the time and be locked up. Yellow is service brakes...when you step on the pedal to stop. Red is emergency. use the red side to run tools.

M1075

Yep, the Service line (yellow or blue) uses air to activate the service brakes on the trailer when the brake pedal or trolley valve is activated. The Emergency line (red) is a constant air supply used to keep the trailer tanks charged. A loss of air on the emergency line (trailer gets disconnected) will result in the engagement of the spring brakes on the trailer, if so equipped. Service line is for service brakes, emergency line is for emergency brakes.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jake0147 said:
I just figure that in that in the "normal" positon they are less prone to getting pushed out of place by sticks or brush and such.
To quote Ed McMahon "You are correct sir!"

This messes a bunch of people up. If the line were open in the inline position, you could theoretically open the valve on trail hazards and lose your air.

Barrman

I just had to explain to my students this morning what each side air line was for and why. I also explained about the "non logical" handle position compared to the rest of the world. Thanks for giving the logic behind the handle position because I didn't know "the rest of the story."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks