• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no blinkers or hazzards! i'm going nuts!!!

rrrr

Your flasher is bad. You need to replace it. Make sure when you get a replacement that the unit is well grounded. I use dielectric grease for all my electrical connections. When I ground a unit I clean it to get shiny metal and coat it with dielectric grease and bolt down.

The 3 lever light switch has an internal circuit breaker that resets itself when it cools. If this is bad you can burn out a switch as well. Flasher units have no protection.

Good luck, with the fix, this should take care of your problem.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To test the lights without the flasher,you can unplug the flasher unit and simply jump pin hole A(wire#19A) to pin hole B(wire#167).

If your lights work properly(but no blink) that will prove your flasher is bad(or has a bad ground).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would start with the basics before spending more money. Get a test light capable of 24V and head to the back. Establish a clean bare metal ground and ground the test light then remove the bulbs. Test each light socket for power with the power directed to it. There is some hinky stuff going on there. Follow the schematic in the appendix of the -20 manual for circuit ID.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You cannot check your grounds visually. You must use an ohm meter or test light.

I always put one meter lead on the actual bulb base(installed in it's socket), and touch the other lead to the battery negative terminal.

Do this on both of the top bulbs (tail and brake/blinker)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is some hinky stuff going on there.
Isn't that what Daphne or Velma used to say?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dunno Eric, I was watching Gilligan's Island in that era. Nothing like a good camping documentary.

wilsonmotors

Ok I did what DH said to do now they work. Just no flasher but i have found so many probs with my harness i think it is just time for a new one. It seams like it is just falling apart more the more i try to clean all the connections.