• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brake Lights

The King Machine

The TM's are your best friend, kneel before them!

12112531_1506517456337689_1255016282_o.jpg

Looks like you have the older style of fluid actuated switch, prone to fail. You need to purchase the air actuated switch, then install it.
Pull the plugs off of the switch them use a jumper wire to bypass it. That will rule out the switch .
If the switch is good head up to the signal switch on the steering column. remove, open, clean and reinstall. follow the wireing see if you find any busted wires.

Check the vehicle and light fixture grounds!

onemanarmy

Not sure if you ever got your issue taken care of....but I'm gonna add my 2 cents

For the longest time, I thought I didn't have brake lights, but after checking everything over, I noticed that on my 3 position light switch (on the dash), I have a spot marked 'stop lights' If I turn the lever to that, my brake lights are operational. Nothing else though. No turn signals, no headlights or tail lights. The odd thing is, when I move the lever to 'driving' lights, the headlights, taillights, and turn signals work, but my brake lights do not. So I don't have brakelights only when my headlights are on.

Are the brake lights supposed to work when the headlights are on? It seems that they should.

The HUlk

Not sure if you ever got your issue taken care of....but I'm gonna add my 2 cents

For the longest time, I thought I didn't have brake lights, but after checking everything over, I noticed that on my 3 position light switch (on the dash), I have a spot marked 'stop lights' If I turn the lever to that, my brake lights are operational. Nothing else though. No turn signals, no headlights or tail lights. The odd thing is, when I move the lever to 'driving' lights, the headlights, taillights, and turn signals work, but my brake lights do not. So I don't have brakelights only when my headlights are on.

Are the brake lights supposed to work when the headlights are on? It seems that they should.
Yes the brake lights should work with the switch in the Service Drive position as well as the Stop Lights position. I'm guessing some contacts in your light switch are bad.

atomic88

Hi, not sure how to post this as a new question, but, on my m932a2 I have no truck brake lights. I check the usual problems, I have power to the switch but when I jump the two wires the lights still don't work, so does that automatically mean there is a broken wire from the switch back or do they share a ground separate to just the brake light circuit or is the positive passed from one light to the next and could fail at that connection, ECT.

AAAND... I also don't have trailer brake lights, but here's where it gets very interesting. My trailer socket corroded and with none available (with out searching very hard) I decided to convert it to a normal civilian 7 pin plug. My first thought was maybe if I put all led lights in the trailer it could be plugged directly in without the converter. But for now I still use the converter, with a new civilian 7 pin end on it. Ok, so now what I need to know there is if the truck brake lights don't work will the trailers automatically not work as well, or would they. And let's say they would. What do they typically use as the trigger for the brake light relay in the converter. They used the park light (pin E) as a general source of power to the converter, pin B as left turn TRIGGER, pin J as right turn TRIGGER, pin K as "auxiliary" but is actually unterminated in the converter. Im not exactly sure what would be "brake lights trigger"

Sorry for the long post or if I didn't post it in the right place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks