• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brake lights

dabtl

The flasher will not effect the brake lights. You might want to contact cranetruck about wiring in some surge protection for the flasher, however.

colsoncj

I know it may be a dumb question, but do you have the brake lights on? (three pole switch, top switch turned one or two clicks to the right)

Yohan

I know it may be a dumb question, but do you have the brake lights on? (three pole switch, top switch turned one or two clicks to the right)
Hey, I'm the only one that asks dumb questions 'round here! Thanks and yeah, I have the switch on and no brakey lights...

BlizzardX23

....so....page 2...if you look at my pic...all I need is that kit...nothing else? and it will give me what I need?

I contacted saturn...no response

Yohan

It should have all you need in that kit. I got my kit from Saturn and it was all there. You may need some brake fluid to replenish your reservoir when you're done. Then you have to figure out what kind of brake fluid your truck has. The fun never ends!

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give Saturn a call. I tried to get the kit a few weeks ago and they were out, so I had to get it from Erik's. I still needed to pick up a couple of brass compression parts because I didn't have everything I needed. I went through three hydraulic switches before I finally got the upgrade. Each one would work for a little while at first, but they would slowly start to go intermittent then quit altogether. After the installation the lights are reliable and strong. [thumbzup]

Loco_Hosa

It is a round pressure switch, with two wires. There are two types- the old hydraulic type, and the newer air type.

If you need one in a hurry, you can rob the one from behind the dash, attached to the air shift control (if the truck is air shift) all that one is for is to turn on the indicator light.
Im sorry to revive an old thread, but this one post has my attention. My switch seems to be bad, (when I patched the two sides of the plug together the lights DID come on)

There is a good chance I will be moving in the next week and a half, I really would like these brake lights to work and Im poor right now. I think the switch I have is a hydraulic, so I figure that for now to save every cent possible, I will leave that switch in place, just to act as a cap and keep the hydraulic brake fluid inside the braking system.

If I dont plan on putting the truck in 6wd, do I need to cap the air line that I barrow the switch from? What kind of T bracket do I need? Every dollar counts over the next month, just trying to make it legal.

That being said the single most important thing on my truck is functional brakes. Brake lights fall as a close second. I am trying to avoid just pulling wires up to the cab and connecting them for brake lights =/

Loco_Hosa

Im sorry to revive an old thread, but this one post has my attention. My switch seems to be bad, (when I patched the two sides of the plug together the lights DID come on)

There is a good chance I will be moving in the next week and a half, I really would like these brake lights to work and Im poor right now. I think the switch I have is a hydraulic, so I figure that for now to save every cent possible, I will leave that switch in place, just to act as a cap and keep the hydraulic brake fluid inside the braking system.

If I dont plan on putting the truck in 6wd, do I need to cap the air line that I barrow the switch from? What kind of T bracket do I need? Every dollar counts over the next month, just trying to make it legal.

That being said the single most important thing on my truck is functional brakes. Brake lights fall as a close second. I am trying to avoid just pulling wires up to the cab and connecting them for brake lights =/
No help? =/

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you take the air switch from behind the dash, you still need to buy the brass t fitting and compression fittings to put it together. I'm not sure if the line connected to the dash switch has air pressure all the time or only when the front axle is engaged. The easiest way to find out is to disconnect it and start the truck.

I would still get the kit from Erik's . It'll have most, if not all of what you need for the change over.

Brake Light Air Operated Switch Upgrade Kit For M35A2, 12255668

Cheers!