• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brake lights

ghfd16

My fire dept received a 5 ton that we are converting to a brush truck. The brake lights wont work. I have tested the wiring all the way to the push button light switch. The wiring is good but no voltage. Is there a fix for the switch or do I need to replace it. The push button switch is cool but im not opposed to going back to manual. Any help would be great......Thanks. Allan

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of truck is it? Do the turn signals and running lights work? It could be the switch located somewhere along the frame.

ghfd16

Its a 1984 M923 that was reworked in 2004. everything works great except the brake lights. I have no voltage from the switch itself for the brake light. I thought it was the pressure switch, but that is working. Do you know where I might be able to find a switch?

Allan

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Light Switch

I would not bother and cut the harness to try to bypass. Just another route to give trouble down the road. 3 lever light switches are cheap and plentiful to be found. There are several m939 series and others being parted out in the classifieds. The major dealers sell them. You might want to post in the "Parts wanted" classifieds and I am confident with such a common item, you will get multiple choices.:-D

The majority of mv's uses the same harness connector/switch so it does not matter what model it comes from.8)

Finding a push button will cost 4-5x's as much and much more difficult to locate. It seems the first generation of the electronics/grounding was very problematic.:???:

Welcome and Good luck on your quest. :driver:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GHFD16, you need to add you state to your location. That is a site requirement.

Many of us have spare three-lever switches. I have given many away to FDs and LEOs.

ghfd16

Thanks for all the help and info, I will post in the parts section. I would like to find th least expensive way to fix this as we are a poor volunteer fire dept. we are in copalis crossing. Wa

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM me your info and I'll ship one out to you.

I was just up in the the Seattle area. Stopped in at Ft Lewis. Then on up the west side of the Sound and then to Vancover Island.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You new (used) three-lever is in the mail. Should be there by monday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks