• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no brakes 5 ton

atilathehun

hello guys i am new to this hobby i just bought a 5 ton m54 tractor with the multi fuel i went out and stated her today and there is a valve on my lower air tank that is staying open and there is no air pressure my brake pedal also goes to the floor i think i have the air over hydralic brakes is this why my brake pedal goes to the floor??? and will changing out that pressure valve fix her thanks for the help

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nope. You need to see why there is no brake fluid in your system. The air pressure simply helps reduce the force you need to apply the brakes.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Start by taking off all the hubs and checking to see if the wheel cyls are leaking. While they are off, make sure they are not siezed. Next bleed the system. Once that is done you can check to see if your air pack or master cyl needs rebuilt.

BEASTMASTER

before you go crazy. fill the m/c and try the brakes... you don't need air to try them or to bleed them. the system might just be dry and need bleeding. if you're lucky. if the pedal is spongy they just need to be bled. if it goes to the floor , get out and look for the fluid dripping down.

atilathehun

ok this the skinny on the model the farmer i bought it from said it was a tractor he put a cut up grain box on it sold the hitch the plates on the dash say m54 so it had to be a cargo and the farmer did know what he had or the plates have been changed i am going with cargo i think i have the air problem figured out i think i have frozen water in the system it is below frezzing here so whenit warms up i will purge it with shop air the brakes oh boy put fluid in this morning and still nothing so i have to get the bleeders open and go from there thanks for all the help guys the grain box is history very soon

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks