• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Brakes!!!!!!!

hole

Heftybuilt, some of the folk around here are quick to jump a new guy if their post isnt detailed enough to make them think you could possibly know anything about anything. I've noticed it's generally folks that have'nt been here too long themselves, but old timers arent immune from being a holes sometimes. Please disregard the a holes, this site has more helpfull folk than the others.

oddshot

The top is separated at the front. Its a soft top.
Mine was too when I bought it. I think they come that way from the factory.

Unless you got the dough for a new one right off ... you might want to check out this thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/63835-soft-top-field-expedient-emergency-repair.html

When you cut through all the "non-relevant" stuff ... you can find a couple of good ways to repair that top ... and maybe save you a couple of bucks.

You also might want to try out the search function ... "tops" or 'Top repairs" will give you a LOT of stuff.

Also ... If you ARE going to get a new top ... let me know what you want for your old one. I have a couple more (cheap, effective)experimental repairs in mind I'd like to try.

oddshot

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just went through the bleeding process for my deuce today getting prepped for the first show of the year this Saturday. I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting the full pedal return since the brakes were extremely hard. After getting to the left front hub to bleed I noticed the pedal return spring hanging on the frame rail. The hook that attaches to the pedals had partially broken. I was able to rebend the end enough to make it work to finish bleeding the brakes but need to replace it before hitting the road.

Thanks to TexAndy who was helping me with the bleed job I may be in luck. He thinks he has a spare off an old parts truck. If not, looks like I'll be sitting home on Saturday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks