• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Brakes

Walter Trusz

My new purchase of my 66 Kaiser was a leak showing on my rear wheel I thought it was a wheel cylinder ...I was wrong oil seal on axel but I have no brakes Im using silicon fluid is there a procedure to bleed these brakes

rrrr

Read through the technical manuals provided here on the website. Also, use the search function for brake threads. There are very many posts that can provide insight and guidance on what to do.

Welcome to the deuce club !

rlwm211

Walter, first you bleed the airpack below the master cylinder. Then you move to the farthest away wheel cylinder and move your way towards the closest.

You can read all of the TMs all day long, but if you start at page 87 in

T M 9 - 2 3 2 0 - 2 0 9 - 2 0 - 3 - 2

You will find your answer and a lot more information about your brake system.

The technical manuals are available in the resources section of this site as well as www.jatonkam35s.com in the deuce section of the resource library

Remember that the master cylinder only holds about two full pedal cycles of brake fluid before it will need to be filled.

This fact is why some put a remote resevoir on their M35s and also why if you have any brake issues, you need to get off the road asap as your brakes will be gone soon if you have a leak.

Last edited:

Clay James

I highly recommend replacing the rubber lines and thoroughly checking the steel lines for rust if it's a deuce off the GL lot. They can be very old on these trucks and you just can't trust them.

rlwm211

Hopefully the truck has BFS and there will not be any interior rust in the lines and it will be surface rust that needs to be looked over. Somehow the moisture that does migrate in seems to get to the wheel cylinders and the master cylinder bores more than anywhere else.

My truck has been thoroughly bled and flushed and Since I did the complete rework of the system have been good.

At some point when you get caught up, there are some PMCS tasks that you can do that require you to pull the wheels and hubs so you can grease the bearings and inspect the brakes, shoes, wheel cylinders and drums.

Don't let me get to far ahead of you....let's get this problem fixed first! [thumbzup]

dozer1

As others said, TM's and use the search too. Probably no other subject covered more then deuce brakes on SS. Welcome to the site ! When you read up on the bleeding procedure, you can go to the link in my sig line and see how to build a great power bleeder. YOU WILL WANT TO MAKE ONE. [thumbzup]

Heavysteven

There are some videos on youtube about the power bleeder.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RazeaTyiIFU[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyQ7pZPiqnI&feature=relmfu[/media]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks