• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No buzzer sound when starting truck

bond024

I have a 1967 m35a2. When i flip the switch for the on and off above the steering when i used to get a loud buzzing sound and i had put some new batteries in and i am not getting the buzzing sound. I thought it had something ot do with the air pressure and the guage shows empty. Does anyone know what the buzzing sound is and why it is not doing it anymore?

nightrain cowboy

thats a low pressure warning for the air system. lets you know theres not enough air to engage the front axle or assist the brakes or work the wipers. you got a abd connection somewhere. are the batteries hooked up right?

M813A1

You may have a Warning buzzer that went bad like Night train said check all of your connections and check your batteries to make sure you have them hooked up correctly !!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I don't want to sound flip, but down load the -10 operators manual. Always go by the before, during and after checks. I had a bad connection to my buzzer, just need to be pushed on tighter. If the air pressure doesn't build up it's a bigger problem.

OD_Coyote

Hello bond024 and welcome!

The buzzer you are referring to is a low air pressure warning buzzer and it usually comes on when the air pressure is below ~60 psi.

Last edited:

bond024

I check and the air pressure was above 60psi. I didn't realize that what the buzzing was for. I thought is was just a warning for the truck starting. Thanks guys. I love my m35 already.

nightrain cowboy

under the bed two round air tanks under driver side of bed inside frame. will have two small ball valves with what looks like wing nuts for handles. very small. you need to drain these everytime you park truck so moisture does not build up in system. moisture in air system is bad.

tjcouch

Thanks 5280. where are the valves again, can you go out and send me a pic of your and show me where they are.
Crawl under your truck . . . .you will see two air tanks, the valves drain the crud and water from your tanks - a requirement to do after each trip.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine doesn't work anymore either, but I view that as an improvement.

That buzz is pretty close to being the most annoying sound in the world.
It's that "can hear me now" sound. It is second only to a nagging wife:roll:.

However, it is a signal to let you know there might be something direly wrong. Probably a good thing to ensure it does work properly.

stumps

There are two valves and two tanks. Do you open both or switch each time.
The way I do it is to lean across my spare tire, and open the valve for the inside tank. That is the wet tank, and should have most of the water. Keep it open until the water stops spraying, then shut it. Next I open the outer tank. That is the dry tank, and it should not have much if any water. All of the accessories draw off of the dry tank for obvious reasons.

You must drain the tanks after you stop for the day. More often in freezing weather, as you don't want them to freeze up.

-Chuck

dittle

The buzzer is located in the center of the cab up under the dash. Just a black box thats mounted up there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks