• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No CUCV's in Florida???

andytk5

I have been looking for an M1008, M1028, M1031 etc.. Pref not the blazer since I need the deep gears and 1 ton driveline.

Been looking on the Liq site and only seeing these trucks in MD, WI, VA, CA... Haven't seen any in florida, let alone at the NAS Jax site. WOuld definitely like to see it before I start bidding on something, let alone site unseen and shipping.

Any thoughts?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a nice rust free, newly painted, good runner, M1028A3 for 4K in GA.:beer:

GoldComet6

My suggestion is to expand your search.

I see them pretty regulary on ebay in Florida and I'm sure they're on craigslist there too. Why not consider them, since you can inspect and drive it before buying.

GL isn't going to let you test drive.....

ABN173

I have been looking for an M1008, M1028, M1031 etc.. Pref not the blazer since I need the deep gears and 1 ton driveline.

Been looking on the Liq site and only seeing these trucks in MD, WI, VA, CA... Haven't seen any in florida, let alone at the NAS Jax site. WOuld definitely like to see it before I start bidding on something, let alone site unseen and shipping.

Any thoughts?
Unfortunately the well is running dry, at some point you will not find any on GL. You can try private sale through this website(SS Classified), Craigslist, and e-b*y. I'm not saying you can't find them on auction....you can, but it may not be where you want.

Good Luck,
Dale

andytk5

I know they wouldn't let you test drive but I thought there was some kind of inspection when you bid? Maybe I'm wrong.

hndrsonj - PM you now..

GoldComet6

I know they wouldn't let you test drive but I thought there was some kind of inspection when you bid? Maybe I'm wrong.

hndrsonj - PM you now..
Yes, you can usually inspect during the auction. But that won't always reveal some issues, like a test drive would.

ABN173

You can screen items at site, each location may have slightly different rules, some may let you attempt starting others say no, some sites escourt you into site while others just make you sign in. Some sites are not manned and you have to schedule appointments.

Most guys if they are thinking on bidding will post a thread saying "need inspection help at FT________ GL site if you can assist me send PM Thank you..." Again no guarantee what you will get if you can't inspect in person.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are trucks in FL but its a big state. I'd tell you where one close to you is but I don't know where you are.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw a boat load of them at Camp Blanding today. All lined up in several different places. Wonder where GL is going to ship them to????

andytk5

Interesting, a bunch at camp blanding?

I am in Jacksonville so I was hoping something would roll through NAS Jax, I saw a ton of tan deuces there a week or two ago but no 1008s.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tan deuces at NAS Jax are marked for foreign military sales. They do have 6 deuces that might clear everything and get auctioned at that site. They are in a different location on the lot. I know there is one in Miami on CL, been there for a while.

andytk5

I have come across some priv dealers selling some that are cleaned up and in great shape for around $4k, good seats, int, paint, running well (according to ad), that seems resonable to me, lately alot of the trucks on the GL site have been pretty rough, but like ABN173 said, prob getting to the bottom of the barrel soon.

I tracked some of the closing prices from yest sales, 1008 variants were $370-$2270 with decent looking ones being mid-low $1000 range, blazers were around $1000 +/- $300. So $4k seems high to just plunk down but if you have to replace seats, engine work, tranny overhaul, any metal work (rust), could add up plus the headache.

Don't want to change the thread but have any over you guys done the 6.5 turbo upgrade? Much difference? Figure if you get over 400+ ft-lbs with the 4.56 gears should be great for low speed towing to the ramp.

andytk5

Still nontrucks as of last week at the NAS location, guy running the lot said they would be the hub for all trucks in Florida by now. Just seeing if you guys have any updates on this????

Beres

I only see office equipment listed. The last sale I saw one 2.5 in Jacksonville and a couple gas crew cabs in Elgin AFB. My friend bought a 1028 in Ft. Benning and when we picked it up the DMOV said it was the last one they had one base. I have seen a couple CUCV II's listed in Cal and such, maybe more of those will start soon.