• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No elecrical power 1008

EagleWrench

everything worked fine until iunbolted the Fuse box to work on the guts of the Heater fuse connectors. When i bolted it back up it started up once. I truned it off and then turn the key back on and all gauages just went dim to nothing, I have 12 volts in both Batt, I have 12v at junction block . AM i missing a fuse some where all links look good and test out fine. COuld it be the Starter relay producing this fault?? WHat powers the ignition switch the junction block? ANy help would be great plowing 18 in with a 3 pt back blade blows!!

EagleWrench

markg

check the ground lug at the back of the intake manifold. clean battery terminals. did you do a 12v conversion? big purple wire energizes the starter, found under the radio plate. if you have dim lights you got weak battery or poor conection somewhere.

Last edited:

rnd-motorsports

when you turn key on do you get anything? sounds like you have a bad connection I would go over what you undid and recheck. the truck or dash and what not gets it power from the triangle shaped power block above the glow plug relay check to see if you have power there check all the inline wire fuses and follow the wire to the power block on the pass side I would bet you just interuped a connection GOOD LUCK Keep us informed

EagleWrench

Thanks all it has to be battery thing with no power. I never touched battery connects at all. This truck was the bext kept truck i have seen even in with 22 years of kicking around infatry motor pools. Gonna clear the noodle with some bowhunting this morning. Thsi is the kind of problem people pay for the answer. WIll DEF ley all know

EagleWrench

EagleWrench

Electrical power issues still. Changed out ignition switch & starter realy, got power until the Glow plug relay cycled once and then everything went dead again. CHanged that this AM had all lights relay cycled on and off 3 times and thern no power again. Glows plugs probably have 20 starts on the i checked 3 quick and they were all good. Is the glow plug system shorting out or could it be the starting system? SHould hav left teh heater fuse alone. Help!

EagleWrench

markg

i still think you have battery connection problem. take the ends off and put them back on.(all 4) check the ground lug at the back of the intake, close to the fuel filter housing. put a set of jumper cables on one of the batteries from another 12v source. with a vom check voltage on each battery, should be 12.6-12.8 range. turn on switch, you should have bright dash lights. crank away. let us know!! thanks, mark

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you downloaded the Technical Manuals? The wiring diagrams are in the Appendix.

The manuals where on the oldsite that is offline now.

A couple of members have listed them on their websites.

JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

I'm going to say you have a bad connection/cable somewhere. It could also be a marginal fuseable link. The reason I say this is because it will work, you put a load on it and the it doesn't work. Classic symtom of a bad connection.

EagleWrench

It was the #$%@&in battery. the front one. It had 12.72 volts HOWEVER when i put the screws to here an loaded iy up it failed miserably. The only thing i can think is when the GPR cycled it shorted the battery out producing the no power fault and pulling the formt eh rear battery which feeds the 12v power. So word to the wise start at the begining make sure you have good batterys. the volt meter can lie sometimes. Wont forget this one. Unfortunately this fault is not even in the Troubleshooting tree. I spoke to a couple of my old techs at the Installation Maintenance Office they told me make sure the batterys are good. Very similar to what someone of the first posts here. Thanks every one!!

EagleWrench

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was the #$%@&in battery. the front one. .... Unfortunately this fault is not even in the Troubleshooting tree. ...EagleWrench
Actually it is in the Troubleshooting Section. At the very first it tell you to check the batteries before starting any troubleshooting. I even have it as my signiture line.

Good find and great news you found the issue. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks