• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No fire in #4 after rebuild

wb1895

Tried removing the injector again to make sure it was spraying fuel. It is spraying really nice. So, I removed the valve cover and the rocker arm, to inspect the top of the valves. All of the valves looked the same and had no noticeable play or differences. I put the rocker arm back on, made sure the valve lash was still in spec, and ran the truck. The valves all opened and closed as they should, and again no notable differences, but still no fire on #4. The next step I am going to try is to put some compressed air into the cylinder and listen for leaks. If nothing is heard, then I will have to pull the head again.

wb1895

Where should I look for a compression tester that will work with the LDT? I want to make sure that it will have an adapter that will fit

wb1895

Okay I hope ya'll are ready for an awesome "I'm and idiot" moment..........

So I still could not figure out what the heck to problem was, knowing that I was getting fuel, air and all the moving parts were new, so I went back to the TM and started looking around for a possible answer. While I was flipping through the pages I came across the injector line to injector diagram. I noticed something seemed different from what was on my deuce....then it dawned on me. I had the #2 and #4 injector lines switched in the HH. So, I switched them to where they should be and the problem was resolved. So, after all that digging, thinking, stressing, and pulling hair out it was a stupid mistake I made when I was getting excited about cranking the truck for the first time. With that being said, I learned my lesson of slowing down and paying attention to what goes where. Thanks for the advice and the words of encouragement.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
So I still could not figure out ...getting fuel, air and all the moving parts were new....through the pages I came across the injector line to injector diagram....#2 and #4 injector lines
switched in the HH..../QUOTE]
Now I know it will actually run with fuel lines lines switched. For me it is not the things I think about that gets me but those things I discounted in the reasoning process. I should have seen that from here.
And Happy anniversary. Celebrate a new engine and the new marriage.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the engine run now? I put new piston kits in my engine and topped it off with NOS heads and I am still having a lot of blow by. I dont know if a NOS head is cracked or what. Im stressed and just wondering what parts you put in yours and if they are the same as mine. Thank you.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the engine run now? I put new piston kits in my engine and topped it off with NOS heads and I am still having a lot of blow by. I dont know if a NOS head is cracked or what. Im stressed and just wondering what parts you put in yours and if they are the same as mine. Thank you.
How do you know the engine has high blow-by? If the amount of smoke coming out the tube makes a big cloud coming from the truck, something is awry, if there is just a little bit o smoke or a light breeze leaving the tube, it's normal. The only way to tell what it is, is to measure it. A cracked head will show coolant in the oil, think about it, the casting will fail into the weakest point, most of the time from the injector bore to a valve or between valves. All of those points are cooled by the coolant, so, your symptom will be steam out of the blow-by tube when the oil/coolant reaches 212° and coolant in the oil.

Idling or operating at no load is the worst thing for a new engine. Run it hard.

wb1895

I replaced the pistons, rings, sleeves, bearings, lapped the valves, and all new gaskets. I still have noticeable blow by but it is not nearly as bad as it was. The longer I run the truck the better it runs, and the less the blow by I have. Unless you have a cloud of blow by I would run it via the break-in procedure and see how it goes.

wb1895

Can you take a short video of your blow by and post it up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks