• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Fire puzzler

Jackel44

Please tell me what I'm missing.

I bought a m1009 and drove it around and had a reoccurring no fire problem. I would just crack #1 injector line and it would start right up. I mixed 50/50 bio diesel from a station (not home brew) and there was no change. I still had to crack #1 injector, knowingly that I thought bio would fix the problem. One day it would not fire.

I got crazy and placed an electric pump under the floor with an inline filter between tank and pump. The pump I used was an airtex e8153 wired to a toggle directly to the battery. I then ran the line directly to my Napa spin-on filter. I also replaced the line from the filter housing to the IP.

I replaced the batteries with a pair of group 31's. I cracked the injector lines and placed a clear hose on the return from the IP. I have checked voltage at all the glow plugs and I have continuity between the plugs.

When I go to start it, the glow plug light turns on and off correctly. When I start it the return fills with solid fuel with no bubbles. I get very little amount of wetness from injector lines cracked. The starter is crisp and lots faster since I changed out the batteries. There is no fire what so ever. I checked the pink wired solenoid and it is clicking on and off when you plug and unplug the wire. All wires are hot tested with a test light.

I have hit the end of my troubleshooting rope. Is their something else I might try?

Jackel44

I first am going to remove glow plugs and crank it over. Maybe I just got a really big air pocket in the ip. Is their away to prime the ip? Would the ip be bad with-out having any leaking? Were is the best place to get one rebuilt with that is bio compatible?

Triple C

Isn't this a DB2 pump? I have a 6.5 with a DB4 and I was told both the DB2 and the DB4 were self priming. Is there a reason to think you have an air bubble in it? Did you run it out of fuel? If you are running a Standyne DB2 pump, go to their website. There you can find the authorized rebuilders in your area. I would visit with them about how you want it built.

engineman2

Based on what you said about very little fuel coming from the cracked injector lines; I would agree that it sounds like you have an ip problem. Luckily, it sounds like the rest of the the starting system is squared away, so once you fix the ip you should be ready to roll.

Jackel44

Fixed

I talked with a buddy of mine who suggested me to clean out the hpca check valve. I removed the valve and it did not look dirty, I cleaned it anyway with wd-40 and assembled it back together and it fired right up after I re bled the system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks