• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No front turn signals everthing else works

m1008 cucv

Well Heres a wierd one for ya Hazards work by themselves No headlights Turn signal works front and rear and right and left with no headlights Turn Headlights on front turn signals pass and driver side blinkers dont blink im curious what do u think this is drivers side socket was replaced they light up but just dont blink im stumped

OL AG '89

just a guess but have replace the blinker solenoid? might be overloading with headlights.
check the TM section for troubleshooting... might give some insight as well.
good luck

OL AG '89

pm me with an email address and I'll try to send the -10 and -20 to you in a zip file. I dont remember how large the file is, but I'll give it a try.
you might also try a search might find something to try

warthog if uare talking about the turn and hazard flashers i didnt see one when i replaced them but i could have missed it

ok heres the story as i wrote above front turn signals under the headlights are faintly blinking along with my headlights not noticeable unless u are right on them with that being said the rest of the lights all work as long as no headlights as stated above

Last edited:

plumnjoe

I had the same exact problem on my 1008 -lights in front flashing so dimly that you couldn't see them and if you turned something else on well... It turned out to be a partial ground problem . On the drivers side above the water bottle there was a ground wire that wasn't connected - that helped a little. I then took everything apart and tested with a test light. I found a bad bulb with a broken filament crossing over both sides that was stopping the flash with headlights on. All of the bulbs were corroded but the rear lights were working fine the whole time so it was becoming frustrating. I cleaned all the bulb sockets positive and negative, changed all the bulbs-even side markers and now everything works great. Don't know if this helps but this is what worked for me!

i have looked through all the tms and havent found a thing pertaining to my problem even the trouble shoot section wasnt any help if some one could tell me where all the ground points are other than the one at the battery on the rad support and the over fill tank i would be greatful and i might be looking for a new headlight harness if i dont figure this out its driving me nuts sad thing is its probably something simple with my luck [thumbzup]

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are on the backside of the fusebox, attached to the terminals that the flashers plug into.

You may have to use a small mirror or disasemble the fusebox.

Attachments

markg

i have looked through all the tms and havent found a thing pertaining to my problem even the trouble shoot section wasnt any help if some one could tell me where all the ground points are other than the one at the battery on the rad support and the over fill tank i would be greatful and i might be looking for a new headlight harness if i dont figure this out its driving me nuts sad thing is its probably something simple with my luck [thumbzup]
the main ground for inside the cab is right above the e-brake. you can see it , take it loose and check it. dim light at the corners is usually a ground problem . you should be able to check these with a test light. probe the hot and find a ground with the other end.

fuel gage that reads past full is also usually a ground problem at the frame. thanks. mark

Well Guys i havent had a chance to mess with the electrical but they are still the same Everything Works Headlights Front Turns signals(aka Parking lamps) side fender Markers Work Tail lamps work rear turn signals left and right work fine My problem is the turn signals in the Front turnsignals under the headlights Dont blink very brightly they are blinking faintly along with the headlights blinking a little also the dont work with the lights on the are just solid turn the lights off they blink fine New Flashers new bulbs not really sure what the problem is seems kinda odd its driving me:cookoo:lol Hope yall had a great christmas

ok im officialy stumped New Headlights new front lamp bulbs took grounds off and cleaned again put in diffrent postion Still no turn signals the front parking lamps under the Headlight dont blink when the headlights are on they blink just fine with out the headlights :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks