• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No fuel at injectors, after replacing filters. Advice needed.

Gun Goober

My mechanic replaced all my fuel filters and now fuel will not pump to the injectors. He told me he's tried to bleed the lines and can get fuel without bubbles to the hi pressure pump but the lines never clear at the injector.

What next?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets see, the fuel goes up from the in-tank pump, to the primary/water separator filter, then across the front of the engine to the low side of the IP. From there it goes to the secondary fuel filters and back over to the high side of the IP (hopefully with the FDC bypassed), goes into the Hydraulic Head which then sends fuel to the injectors. The fuel not used by the injector is routed out and returns to the low side of the IP. You said fuel is getting to the IP, so is it getting to the secondary fuel filters? If it is, then maybe loosen ONE of the lines going to an injector and see if you are getting fuel there. Tell us what you experience and fellas with a lot more expertise that I'll ever have can guide you further!

Gun Goober

I'm sorry for the delay, I was trapped in Wisconsin with the same fuel issue on my Dodge diesel. No fuel! ! Replaced the lift pump and made it home!

However, my deuce is another story. I have fuel flowing like a fountain at the hydraulic head but nothing from there on. A shade tree mechanic said the "piston inside the hydraulic head is stuck." Does this make since?

I allowed the mechanics who told me, "they can fix anything!" to have my deuce for about 6 months only to get it back from them in worse shape than before. I have two "old army" guys helping me but they both told me "we just changed parts, we didn't actually fix anything." So, I'm reaching out for pointers.

Thanks in advance for any help provided. I'll try to keep a closer eye on the thread for your insights.

Cleve

Vintagefarmer

Sounds like the fuel cutoff. Follow the shutoff cable down to the IP and you should see a box with two flathead screws. Pull that off and there will be a small arm with some linkage hooked to it. Depending on if someone has made it into the pump before there will be safety wired screws holding a little bracket of the arm. Pull that off, Pull the clip of the linkage and slowly withdraw the arm. Becareful of the little nub on the end, don't lose it. These little shafts like to get gummed up and won't move. I freed mine up be soaking it in gas and diesel fuel for a day. Works great now.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After trying the above fix and still no go take the high pressure pump on the IP apart.
There is some seals that may need replacing and check all other parts for defects.
Read manual for best hints on what to do.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without typing everything in the other thread I will say this. Myself I do not need a gage on the tank or installed on the fuel filter bleed screw. If I turn on just the in tank and I open the bleed screw on the filters and I get fuel under some pressure I go with it and feel the system is circulating back to the tank. Now that is saying everything else is right but we can also do this. With just in tank running and return line off at the fuel tank see if you have good flow. Need a jug or something to catch as it will be a good amount. If you have good flow of fuel back to the tank then the problem is something else. As said please read the thread we posted it is a good one with as said just about everything covered with the fuel system.

Last edited:

Gun Goober

Thanks everyone, I get good fuel flow all the way to the hydraulic head but nothing coming out, no flow to the injectors or the return past it.. I took the head off last night and will be cleaning it before I put it back together. New O-rings are on the way. I'll let ya'll know what happens.

Thanks again for the pointers.

DaneGer21

Here read a nice story....

Read it from post #1 thru

also video of the actual thing

Thanks everyone, I get good fuel flow all the way to the hydraulic head but nothing coming out, no flow to the injectors or the return past it.. I took the head off last night and will be cleaning it before I put it back together. New O-rings are on the way. I'll let ya'll know what happens.

Thanks again for the pointers.

Read through that thread that was linked and check everything mentioned. It was my truck mentioned and let me tell you the struggle! Haha. Sounds exactly like my issue, fuel is still being cut off. I strongly urge you to go through that thread word for word. It’s gotta contain something relatable that’ll get you going.

Gun Goober

The button was off when I first pulled the HH, I cleaned the entire thing, put it all back together, timed it, and I still have the same problem. Nothing going to the injectors! !

I'm about ready to sell out of all my military stuff! Grrrrrrr!

Any other ideas?

DaneGer21

The button was off when I first pulled the HH, I cleaned the entire thing, put it all back together, timed it, and I still have the same problem. Nothing going to the injectors! !

I'm about ready to sell out of all my military stuff! Grrrrrrr!

Any other ideas?
Could you remove the fuel shutoff rod/assembly, take a few pictures, then post them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks