• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no fuel getting to injectors

Chuck76

just had this happen to me, everything was doing what it was supposed to be doing but no fuel. what we found was that the shaft had some corrosion on it and had gotten hung up while shutting down the engine just enough for the little spacer button on the bottom of it to fall off the end of the shaft. without that button it wasn't stroking enough to distribute fuel. we clipped it back on, reassembled everything and she fired up straight away.
Guess thats gonna be my next step....to tell the truth about it, tired of working on this truck. At least b4 the new HH, It would start off of either.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you got no fuel movin to the multifuel

This is for everybody with a Deuce.
One can not hear if the electric lift pump in the tank is working with the air pressure low horn blaring .
If the system has not been "opened" then one may get away with pressurizing the fuel tank with air.
If one touches any part of the engine fuel system on an engine that has always started and run without problems, and you touched it, and now it won't run.
It ain't gonnah run anymore without fuel.

Don't do anything but remove the hex driven pipe plug, yes it is really a pipe plug, forget the TM with the gauge and the Tee, about the middle of the picture there and stick a gauge in it. One should have 7psi or so from the intank lift pump. If you get zero than the engine will not run if one opened up anything, like the secondary filters or fuel lines or something. If it was running good before just give her a njew pump and hose.

My truck was dead for a week because I changed out the secondary filters and she wouldn't run anymore!

I am seeking all my pictures to describe this but I find only a few for now.... Anyone interested and I will take the time to find all the pictures.
Once she is running one can switch off the lift pump, no matter.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
You'll never know you got a dead pump until

until you change the fuel filters or lines or such. Then you'll know because she won't run anymore. Put a gauge in where the pipe plug is!

Anyhow you can't get a 585 pump anymore so get one from a Palliden on ePay.
Just a note to me if anyone is interesteed in the particulars on the replacement pump or that hose that remains submersed in diesel always.

The pump was ePay Item number: 360461013696
and worth every nickle!

Chuck76

WEELLLLLLLLL... pulled the new HH off, and found pieces of the button and clip. I have gone back through looking at timing....#1 cyl is at TDC on compression stroke (also verified its companion cyl)
The red scored tooth was lined up with the indicator mark in the "window" of the IP. So I beleive that I knocked or the clip and button fell off during installation, either way the button and clip are toast. The best part....AMBAC can have me the button in 5-6 months... when they machine more of them aua. Gonna try DELKS in the mornning for some parts.....