• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No gas

Shug

Ok I'm gonna start off by saying, no I have not yet dropped the tank out of my truck due to a lack of time. But I am wandering before I do? What's on the end of the pick up? Is there a screen of some sort. I am planning on pulling the bed(good excuse to wire wheel and paint the frame) or dropping the tank this weekend. As of right now I am running the truck with a one gallon gas can under the hood.

N1265

Yes, there is a screen at the end of the pickup tube. If you suspect it is clogged you may be able to pull the line at the pump and blow it out / off. On mine, there was a section of rubber line that was bad around the top of the pickup tube area.

440Duster

I have several M880's and a M886. Don't be surprised if you find that the pickup has rotted off and laying at the bottom of the tank. Should you discover a source for a replacement, let me know as I have yet to locate one.

Shug

Thanks for the information. And 440duster I see what you mean I have yet to locate a new one. I don't think mines broke off at least. I tried blowing air back through from the filter. If it is too bad of shape. I guess I will see about making a new one up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks