• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No GL Shipper Listed for Wisconsin???

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking on GL and I don't see a shipper for Wisconsin. I was looking at an MV and at least giving it some thought. But if I can't find a shipper, I don't have anyway to transport. I tried google, but just come up with the civy vehicle shippers, and I doubt they will go onto a base to pickup.

Does anyone know of a MV Shipper for Wisconsin?? It would have to be shipped from there to my house in West-Central Indiana.

Thanks in advance - Peace

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ray Patton is a good guy to do business with....he hauls a lot of MV's.

You are prob. looking at around 3 bucks a mile or more depending on size.

The problem with picking someone off of Uship or other sources is that they may not be familiar with getting on military bases, how to deal with GL as far as appointments and loading and the unique problems often associated with moving military vehicles.

RAY PATTON TRUCKING
1289 WINDING RIDGE RD
HILLSVILLE, VA 24343
276-728-3292

Last edited:

velociT

The problem with picking someone off of Uship or other sources is that they may not be familiar with getting on military bases, how to deal with GL as far as appointments and loading and the unique problems often associated with moving military vehicles.
Bears repeating.

Shippers are getting fewer and fewer. The one I have used in the past won't even pick up from GL anymore... Too much delays and BS.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are buying your first MV from GL, try to buy local so you can inspect it or plan on a couple of thousand for it to be delivered to you.

I would actually recommend you buy from an individual for you first purchase.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you looking at? I can ship CUCV's and Drive anything larger down.
Its a deuce, that's why I cant transport myself. I thought about driving it.... but, you never really know the full condition of the vehicle. Plus you never know when some odd problem pops up too, anything from a wheel bearing to a busted fluid line etc. I could go and drive it back myself, but I didn't really want to drive it before a full inspection and maintenance, unless I had to.
Thanks for the Reply Though

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray Patton is a good guy to do business with....he hauls a lot of MV's.

You are prob. looking at around 3 bucks a mile or more depending on size.

RAY PATTON TRUCKING
1289 WINDING RIDGE RD
HILLSVILLE, VA 24343
276-728-3292
Hey thanks for the info! [thumbzup]
If I do decide to go ahead and bid on this one, I'll check with him first about what the shipping is going to cost. Yeah I know its not cheap to ship an MV, especially a deuce or something, due to their size. And just as you mentioned also, most shipping companies won't ship, or they'll triple the price or something, to go to a base and pick something up. And their not familiar GL associated problems either.

Thanks for the info and the quick reply!

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are buying your first MV from GL, try to buy local so you can inspect it or plan on a couple of thousand for it to be delivered to you.

I would actually recommend you buy from an individual for you first purchase.
I have thought about buying private too. As a matter of fact, I just went and met a guy yesterday who has several that I was interested in. However, after considering the price, I'm still thinking about just trying to find a good one at the auction. I am mechanically inclined, so some maintenance work doesn't bother me. Just don't want to end up with one with a bad engine/transmission or something. I know buying from the auction, you're always taking a chance.

And yes I do agree a local auction would be best, so as to preview the vehicle in person first. But some specific models are few and far between. So I guess that just depends on model availability. If I stick to just a basic deuce, there's quite a few. But some of the variants are less numerous.

Thanks for the tips though [thumbzup]

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, The last time I was at Redstone there was a shipper that didn't understand how GL works. He showed up unannounced and Teresa was pissed. She finally went ahead and loaded him but told him that if he showed up again without an appointment he'd be leaving empty handed. She also called the buyer and chewed him out (they were really behind that day). Problem for me was that I was on time for my appointment but had to wait while they loaded this clown before I could get to my items.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
She finally went ahead and loaded him but told him that if he showed up again without an appointment he'd be leaving empty handed.
Mother Teresa is a sweetie but you don't want to get on her bad side. She has never failed to assist me if it was in her power. And bringing a box of Krispy-Kremes with you to do a recovery never hurts.:mrgreen:

ranchhopper

If your buying a deuce or larger call Joel pingeon out of minnesota I use him quite a bit 507-723-6885 any thing smaller use this kid in iowa he went down and got my blazers out of mississippi Justin at 641-451-1624.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just remember that the total GL, tax, sf97, GL blood money PLUS trucking PLUS the cost of getting it on the road is the TOTAL cost of the truck, so put that against a PRIVATE sale that pretty much is drive it home and REG., there are some REAL NICE deuces for around $3500 in the classifieds, in fact there is a 813 5t there for $3000, SO DO NOT just look at the CHEAP GL bid price to make a BUY decision

ranchhopper

Just remember that the total GL, tax, sf97, GL blood money PLUS trucking PLUS the cost of getting it on the road is the TOTAL cost of the truck, so put that against a PRIVATE sale that pretty much is drive it home and REG., there are some REAL NICE deuces for around $3500 in the classifieds, in fact there is a 813 5t there for $3000, SO DO NOT just look at the CHEAP GL bid price to make a BUY decision
Good advice there is a lot of nice trucks just east of you going up for sale not to mention all the nice trucks in the classifieds the main thing is patience which seems a thing of the past in the new gotta-have-it-right-NOW society we live in

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks