• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no head lights

jollygreen

HEY GUYS i am new to this site and just by looking around i have answered most of my questions but my question is i have no head lights and the stop lights stay on all the time i have cleaned all my grounds and replaced my light switch along with tested it(the new one) i have been in contact with memphis equipment and i have them stumped. also all my other lights work fine if anyone could help yall be doing me a favor

thanks
Scott
p.s. sorry about any mis-spells :?aua:lost:

m35tech

Real quick you will get a response but we need the following, what vehicle type, deuce, cucv, etc, anything else can you tell us, 12v or 24 v, or converted 12 volt.. then the guys on here can diagnose your issue a little better:-D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you truck is the Deuce in your Avatar, here is the TEch Manual.

http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=13

On page 1201 of 1209 yopu will find the wiring diagram.

How long have you had the truck? Where the lights working before? Has anyone "helped" rewire? (I'm cleaning up someone elses "helping" now)

Could be any number of things. I would start checking for voltage at the head lights and work back to the 3-way lever.

I also have a M715 and someone pulled all the wires out of the Canon Plug on the back of the 3-way. Some thing else to check.

Keep us posted.

Warthog

jollygreen

yes it is a m35a2 multi fuel air shift t-case 24 volt yes the lights work if you take the switch out and put a jumper wire in the "f" to "m" ports the lights come on and the dimmer switch works just fine i have checked the wires multiple times and found at the end of eachwire the coating to be wore off but no bare wire showing next with the light switch out and jumpers from "F" on the switch to the "F" one the harness and same to the "M" port turn the light switch on to the lights come on and stay on for 30 seconds and then go out I know the light switch has a breaker or fuse in it i put the meter on the "F" and "M" on the switch and it is dead i am lost and if i didnt shave my head i would pull my hair out:roll: i have had the truck for 2 months yes i have had some one look at it and no we did NOT change the wiring in any way because i didnt want to have to make a new harrnes or have to ask my wife if i could fix my new toy(shes coming around):oops: once again sorry about the spelling

thaqnks again
scott

mangus580

Sounds to me like you have somewhat of a short in your headlight system causing the breaker to trip. You did say you have replaced the switch once already, right?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is there a relay you bypass by using the jumper set up? I think a bad relay would be the issue from what you are saying having checked all the wires and voltages.

Hope you find the problem.

jollygreen

there is no relay for the lights on the truck just the horn relay on the fire wall yes the switch i blew up was new($89) after getting one that worked do you think relpacing the head light wiring is the way to go?

dlawbrey

for the brake light problem: check for voltage at the brake light switch which is located down by the air pack and master cylinder. If you have voltage at both sides of the switch without applying the brakes it should indicate a bad brake light switch.