• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Headlights, directionals, horn, CUCV 1986

myanna129

I have no directional signals, no headlights, no horn, no brakelights in my CUCV (1986)- Yes, my service light switch is in the on position. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

cucvrus

Even if the fuse is good it could be loose in the holder. Check the fuse on the right side of the fuse box 1/2 way up. 30 amp. It may appear melted a bit and loose in the connection. Report back.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a coincidence, all those things run through the service light toggle switch on the dash. Is that switch in the UP position?

If it's fully UP then there may be some problem in the circuit to the switch, like the fuses or wiring or the switch itself. Wiggle it. The switch I mean; wiggle the switch.

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Test lights were on back order? HF Voltmeter was dead on arrival (I've had that happen)? Unexpected visit by relatives?
There could be all kinds of reasons for not following through...or following the wiring.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or
Like many, just get on to ask for help and fix the issue and never bother to update the thread.

Old threads are filled with just that.

MarcusOReallyus

Or.... he jiggled the blackout switch and that fixed it, and he's too embarrassed to admit it was that simple after he insisted that he had checked it.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or...he jiggled the blackout switch and the horn, wiper, lights, and everything else, suddenly started working.
Which gave him a cardiac arrest. Let's hope not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks