• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No High Range?

rynomadman

no the problem you described is the very same thing it is doing. its just like its in neutral when you push the shaft all the way in. it will go in low 2x2 and 4x4 no problem it does like to pop out but think thats just because there is nothing to hold the shaft for high and low where it needs to stay. going to get a e brake leaver for it.. the way the air is set up its just hard lined from a tank with a valve to give air to the front cluch and then the other way for the reverse. From what i was reading on here was thinking it was bc the there was air still in the line holding the front clutch in.. So just to be clear to shift from low to high I need to have no air going to the t case and all i have to do is push the leaver all the way in? Or does it need air to declutch then it can be shifted? being that I did not build the truck and nothing is labeled its hard to figure out.

rynomadman

Ok so I looked at it today. the c clip was on the shaft but the whole shaft was moving out with the bearing when I pushed the bearing in was able to get it in high! Question is there a c clip on the outer wall that s holds that bearing Back in*place that I missed? *I did not have the right tools to be able to push it back in very far. Having a hard time visualizing what's going on in there. Thinking the wish bone part needs to slide back more to catch seems like it right on the edge of catching and that's why it does not want to hold the gear? Any help here would be grateful

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks