• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No juice to starter

Drabbed Out

Yesterday I went to the dump and my m1009 wich has been flawless, except for a minor (unfortunately now a major) leak of diesel out of the fuel filter, decided to not start after unloading the garbage. My buddy and I crawled on top underneath and all over the Grunkle looking for any explanation. The thought was the leaking diesel had crapped out the starter selenoid. Luckily we got ahold of another friend that informed us to jump the purple wire with the red wire on the starter and it worked to get it started. I hit the forum today to get an idea of what I was up against and probably because I am a noob I wasnt able to get information on diagnosing the problem..... juice and power to everything as normal just nothing from the starter engaging. I have since resolved my issue by doing the starter relay mod. So just in case someone hasnt been able to get the tms and pms like myself (still waiting to get them off of this site) they might stumble across this and find resolution to thier problem. As staited before I am a noob so if I just missed the thread or because of my lack of understanding the forum and where to find stuff I appologize for the long post. Cudos on the relay mod very much appreciated especially the part numbers excellent 15.00 and 20 min beats 50.00 and four days for chineese replacement of original. I did use shrink tubing instead of electrical tape though. Thanks to all for thier patience. Ty Drabbed Out.:grd:

Drabbed Out

Not yet that is tomorrow. I will have help from a buddy to make bleeding it easie I think I have the issue nailed down to that pesky vac dohicky.