• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No lights at all

jeff5618

For starters I searched and could not find but my searching skills and patients are short. I have the CUCV Blazer and the only 2 mods done was placing a push button glow plug switch in as a back up to the auto glow plug timer. The other was installing a receiver hitch.

Problem- None of the lights work. I have checked fuses and relays. I have no power going to the headlight fuse or running lights fuse but do have power to the fuse block as other things have power. I have a friend on his 2nd blazer and he thought maybe the service light/blackout light switch was bad. Any ideas from the experts? Thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

First order of business is that we reserve the "Help" in the title for 911 type emergencies when you are in trouble on the side of the road.

Now to your issue.

We need some background info on your skill set. Do you own a multimeter and know how to use it? Are you familiar with electrical wiring? Can you read a wiring diagram?

The headlight fuse feeds many circuits and is a known trouble item. Read the Headlight sticky under the CUCV Helpful Threads at the top of the page. It covers the headlight circuit from the beginning to the end.

jeff5618

Sorry about the scream for HELP in a non 911 situation! As far as my skill set goes I have been doing installs of emergency lights on Police, Fire and Ambulances for years. I do know how to use a multimeter, read a diagram. I have run through the fuse block and found that the majority of the fuses have power. The headlight, taillights and marker lights do not have power. I was just hoping that someone else may have had an issue like this and could give me a quick answer before I tear apart my dash to get at the service/blackout switch.

rlltide12

Just about has to be the blackout light switch circuit. Need a wire diagram and go to chasing wires. Im not terribly familiar with that piece of the electronics

jeff5618

Well my horn has always worked before. Story goes like this- I was going to a relatives place about 40 miles away. turned off one road to another and used blinkers, worked at that time. 4 miles later when I turned into town used blinkers again and nothing worked. Was not using or messing with the switches other than using blinkers.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hold the horn down and jiggle the blackout switch in a semi-violent manner- sweeping through all its positions. If the horn blows, even momentarily, replace the switch. If not there are some nice diagrams in this thread. Start yanking out fuses and test them with a meter- see pg 4-31 of the -20

I would also check the wire harness under the hood where it goes through the firewall. I had a problem before on my 1009 where I lost all lights. I checked all fuses and grounds and could not find the problem. For the heck of it I happen to have the headlight switch on and started jiggling and moving various things and when I moved that harness a little everything came back on. I have tried cleaning things but every once in a great while it seems to get jarred in such a way as to not make a good connection. All I end up doing is jiggling it again and it's working again. As they say with CUCVs if it's rubber replace it and if it's electrical clean it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks