• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No lights whatsoever !!

popz76

Well, I have no lights, horn, or blackouts...fuseable link blown..all lights had worked earlier that evening, then fired her up later and...nothing. The vehicle had never moved. We did have a CB hooked up earlier to the fusebox and everything worked fine then so.. it is disconnected now. The inline fuse to the CB was never blown either. I have the schematics but are hard to read for even my mechanic as he has had no real experiance with these. The diesel tech I know sugessted connecting the link for a second and finding where theres smoke! I don't know about that though Please any suggestions ?

3dubs

Find a mechanic that was in the military and worked on military vehicles. I guess you checked your blackout switch. If the right switch is on "all off" nothing works even the horn.

popz76

Thanks my friend...yea, the blackout stuff was the first thing I checked. My son is a diesel mech at Ft Hood TX..works mainly on the humvee s, but he's only been in the Army a few years now and has no experianse on these older vehicles. He said he would be glad to help, but he's there and Im here, so...

EO2NMCB

Check all of your fusible links, IIRC you should have at least 3 on the outside fire wall. Also check your ground wire from the front batttery.

HardCorps79

Had the exact same thing happen last year. Lights were good. Went in the store, came back out, no lights. Turns out for whatever reason, about half the fuses in the box were shot. None of them looked blown, but when I replaced them all with new, I got everything back, including my underdash light, which I hadn't had before. I always try to go with the simple inexpensive fixes first and see what happens. Good luck. Keep us posted.

tripp2727

i think there must be a ghost running around turning off everyones lights. mine did the same about a month ago. i went out of town for my wedding came home two weeks later cranked it up and it had fixed it self. drove it for two days and they went out again. im thinking the black out light switch is corroded. any way to bypass the whole blackout switch since i dont use them anyway? i hate to buy a new switch for a lighting system i dont even use.

acesneights1

Hey Guys newbie here

Found this thread. I just got a CUCV M1008(pIckup). The blackout light switches are missing form mine. I think someone stole them but the lights all worked normal in the truck(HL, INt Light, TS etc) and then tonight I was dringing home and every light in the truck went out. I drove home in the dark then I shut the truck off and after a few minutes they started working again. ONe of the plugs hagning under the dash from the BO lights has wires cut so I am not sure what was done or where to start. Is there wiring diagrams for the BO lights ? Would the normal lights work in the truck if the switches were taken ? Mine do but cut out.
Thanks.
Also are they on a fuse or resettable breaker ?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks