• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Lights

jcbrooks75

Just bought a 1008. Lights were working but now they are all off (head lights, tail lights, directionals. The horn does not work either. The diagnostic lights during startup are visible. I've checked that the service light switch (middle switch) is in the up position (the decal is not visible). Is there a fuse for the lights & horn? Any ideas? Thanks

Al Harvey

The service light switch should be the right switch (two switches). Have you tried turning the switch off and back on to make sure it's not a connection issue?

jcbrooks75

Yes, I did move the switches back and forth. It could be a connection came loose or the switch itself could have failed. I did read the operators manual to rule out myself as the problem. Any other ideas?

evldoer

My truck blows a fuse if I back my boat up with the headlights on. The boat trailer has reverse lights so the extra draw on the circuit blows the fuse. Hopefully it is just that simple for you.

jcbrooks75

No luck yet..

- I verified all fuses through connectivity function on a multimeter. Everything is fine
- I pulled the service lights switch and tested through connectivity function on a multimeter. Seems to operate fine.

Ideas:
- Wiring into the fuse box or the fuse box itself
- Not sure exactly how the rocker switch functions on the blackout switch (left switch)

jcbrooks75

FYI, the problem was me. This may help someone one day. The dash was spray painted making it impossible to determine the switch positions inside the vehicle. The operator's manual states you have to PULL OUT THE SWITCH first. That is partially true. The switch is a 3 position switch. The top position requires you to pull out the switch first, and then up. However, the bottom position does not require to be pulled out first. When I moved the switch to the bottom position I incorrectly assumed it was a 2 position switch and that one of the positions (bottom or middle) controlled the service lights.