• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Longer a Lurk

Crewdawg141

Well after hunting through GL and losing a couple of auctions, I have finally purchased my first CUCV. She is a 1985 that I picked up from Delaware last Friday. After swapping in new batteries she fired right up for me she does however stall when the engine is decelerating. Since bringing her home I have repainted her wheels in High Gloss Black and had new stock size BFG AT-TA/KO (RWL in) mounted today. I hope to start sorting out the stalling issue sometime later this week. :D

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck.

Change your filter and check the fuel return check valve on top of the injector pump. We have covered this many times.

Crewdawg141

Good looking truck.

Change your filter and check the fuel return check valve on top of the injector pump. We have covered this many times.

Thanks for the input. I have been doing my best to use the search function to look for answers to my questions. I am torn on what to do with her, I tend to live by the motto "if it ain't broke, modify it." I will be adding some form of creature comforts to the interior to make her like the CUCV more, as she still thinks that I am selling my newest toy as I have "enough toys to play with already". Half of me want to redo her CARC Colors the other part of me wants to paint her silver and high gloss the grill, grill guard, and bumpers in black. I am not altering her running gear in any way currently, I have been looking into a 4L80E conversion to add some more fuel economy. Wait and see this will be a small evolution

Flyingvan911

Well, a CUCV isn't complete without a M101 trailer. Then later you'll be tempted to buy a deuce. And a deuce isn't complete without a M105 trailer. And so it goes. I thought my deuce would be my only MV too. I then bought a M105.

Crewdawg141

Well, a CUCV isn't complete without a M101 trailer. Then later you'll be tempted to buy a deuce. And a deuce isn't complete without a M105 trailer. And so it goes. I thought my deuce would be my only MV too. I then bought a M105.

She has been rolling her eyes at me when we go to a local auction and the owner has a 6by that I oogle over every time we go past it. At this point I am not allowed to have any more toys until I get rid of some and then move to a house that has a barn or something to hide my toys from her. We will see how that works out for her. The advantages of not being married legally is a good thing when it comes to my habits. Wrenching is my addiction and more toys are the cure. :D

jeeplvr247

My first MV was a '09 too, they are great trucks. If you want to add stuff to the truck, I would keep it military. That way there will always be an interested buyer when the time comes to sell it (people like things original). Also, if it is still 24v make sure you leave it that way, the 12v ones always break.

Crewdawg141

My first MV was a '09 too, they are great trucks. If you want to add stuff to the truck, I would keep it military. That way there will always be an interested buyer when the time comes to sell it (people like things original). Also, if it is still 24v make sure you leave it that way, the 12v ones always break.

Mechanically I am leaving a good thing alone, other than doing a relay mod, spin on fuel filter, and maybe a tranny swap the running side of the truck will be stock.

The exterior will retain all of the CUCV parts, they just might be a different color. The interior is another story. I will be adding insulation, an aftermarket stereo, and making it all ONE color not a hodge podge of green, gray, and red. All black will make it look good, and I might even carpet the interior. I do not want to sell the truck, I just need to make it more appealing to her so I can get her out on the road with me in the 09.

erniemigi

My 2cents worth, I wouldn't carpet the interior, do a herculiner, think of the advantages to it, you can wash out the interior with a garden hose, will hold up alot better than carpet, won't hold the odors/dirt/spilled liquid/smashed in cheeseburger/mud/dust/snow/road salt/sand/grease, the list could go on forever

Crewdawg141

My 2cents worth, I wouldn't carpet the interior, do a herculiner, think of the advantages to it, you can wash out the interior with a garden hose, will hold up alot better than carpet, won't hold the odors/dirt/spilled liquid/smashed in cheeseburger/mud/dust/snow/road salt/sand/grease, the list could go on forever

I have had the same thoughts that you shared above, but when dealing with a woman AND wanting to spend time in my toys at the same time I need to look for her comfort more than my utility. I have thought about herculining the interior and if it didn't quiet down enough for her then adding the carpet after the fact. A local yahoo suggested that I also linex/herculine the whole exterior of the truck.:cookoo:

If it is not carc-ed she will be a nice shade of metallic silver (hides dirt and would look awesome with everything else blacked out)

erniemigi

I have had the same thoughts that you shared above, but when dealing with a woman AND wanting to spend time in my toys at the same time I need to look for her comfort more than my utility. I have thought about herculining the interior and if it didn't quiet down enough for her then adding the carpet after the fact. A local yahoo suggested that I also linex/herculine the whole exterior of the truck.:cookoo:

If it is not carc-ed she will be a nice shade of metallic silver (hides dirt and would look awesome with everything else blacked out)
I don't know, is there anyway to actually quiet these things down enough to please a woman lol