• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Longer a Parasite

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am impressed, all I can say is you deserve two thumbs up from me and 1 rep point for your perseverance and ingenuity for a job well done on your M-1009[thumbzup][thumbzup]

motorman

Hello dependable

The turbo really woke up the blazer and the drive ability is night and day. Acceleration is improved at least 50% and the only thing i am disappointed about is the fact that I run out of road before the turbo runs out of power.

Only in N GA on longer hills have i been able to keep the boost up for any extended period of time and having the EGT is mandatory. Nice to pass modern cars on the long uphill climb with 5 people and gear loaded down to the gunwales and then turn off the pavement onto the forest service road.

I actually had someone in a Ford Explorer stop and ask if we were broke down. I thanked him for his concern and clarified that we were merely taking a stretch break and took the opportunity to lock the hubs before we go 'up there' and pointed to a steep ascent through the woods . . . nothing more to say about thaaaat! (in your best Forrest Gump)

Varyag
I vacillated between the 383 color and Marine Corp green and settled on the Marine Corp green for a darker base. I am very pleased with the color and the Rapco paint sprayed like a dream in a primer gun. Once the bumpers and brush guard are on I will finish with the woodland pattern which works well for GA.

motorman

FMJoe

I sand blasted the dickens out of the whole mess and tacked it together. With the help of a friend i used the 'tabs' inside the rail that the weather stripping will attach and used a screw drive to apply force in the proper direction. took some time and different angles to bring it in line. I took my time and went around the truck closing all the holes a little at a time so not to overheat the area. Ground them down and primed then ground down some more.

best regards
m

Attachments

motorman

hello jaymcb

originally the economy went up about 15% because i was driving like i had an egg under my boot. now it is a 'static' 18-22 depending on how i run it. longer drives = better mpg. without the turbo it would achieve about the same. runs better with a 10:1 ratio (or higher) of wmo

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love what you've done. Inspirational to be sure. "You got skills" is how TC said it in Knight and Day...

I gotta ask. With the Banks Turbo, did you upgrade (enlarge) the injector tips? Just curious how much you upped the fuel mix to and did you do it with just upping the fuel mix or that AND an injector upgrade?

OH, and thx for the detail about using the Marine Corp green, stating that it is darker. Plus the fact that you mentioned that you sprayed it outside with the primer gun? Motorman, that kind of information is priceless.

gives this old man the courage to try painting my two or maybe all three....

THX - I think

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We love nice M1009's in Georgia, as others have said very motivational and exceptional work.

Great Job!

edpdx

motorman, Looks awesome, especially with the jump-off point this vehicle presented with.:popcorn: I'm watching.

PS. Only a few of us thought you were a parasite. :whistle:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks