• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No manufacturer or year? What to do.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm considering bidding on a M923 which will be my first experience with GL. The ad doesn't state who made the truck and what year. I asked GL through email if they could tell me when the truck was built and by whom. Their reply was " Data plate does not indicate date of manufacture or manufacturer ". This being the case, is it possible to obtain a title for this truck? I live in South Carolina. Thanks in advance.

Scarecrow1

Hello from Florence SC. I would call them and ask them if you can get the SF97 form for this truck if you purchase it. This is the title from GL that you will need to put the truck on the street. It contains all the info required to register the truck. With out it you will not be able to register it in our state. Just a word of caution it isn't cheap hear like it is in other states. In the end you will spend almost four hundred dollars for tags alone. You will need to find an insurance company when you do and it will be a chore in it's self. I will be glad to help in anyway I can so just keep my info. Good luck they are great trucks if you get a good one. Just take your time and if possible preview the truck or have someone do it for. Don't buy it on just the pictures they may not even be of the truck your bidding on. Yes it does happen and has happened to others on here. Once you buy it it is yours for better or worse......

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's a m923 then it's probably a AM General. You should be able to title the truck once you win it and get it home.

Matt1970M35A

I just got a truck with no year or make. I check for numbers in the frame but could not find a complete set. So I filled out a SF97 picked a year and make as AMG.
It all worked out just fine.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ditto as you supply the info for the SF97. They will print what you request, not the other way around. You can always get a data plate engraved as there is new source for them now. Goldeneagle had a similar problem with an incomplete data plate and just made one to match so everything would be "groovy". :)

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you so much for the replies. I sold my Deuce 3 weeks ago and just can't get over it. My wife claimed it was " Her truck " and she misses it too. I might as well face the fact that I will always have one from now on.

goldneagle

Why didn't anyone just tell him to put the VIN number and other info available in the 2013 VIN thread so CARNAC can get the missing info for him? If all of us knew all the info on the trucks we would not need that thread! CARNAC is very good at getting the year and MFG on trucks. Ask him what his hit to miss ratio is. :carnac::carnac:

datadawg

Thank you so much for the replies. I sold my Deuce 3 weeks ago and just can't get over it. My wife claimed it was " Her truck " and she misses it too. I might as well face the fact that I will always have one from now on.
Wow, your wife is unbelievable. A few of my friends' wives were throwing tomatoes at me when they found I bought one and they don't have to live w/it or pay for it!!