• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No more ice on start up

IMA944T

Got tired of scraping ice when I drive truck after snow storm, sleet, or freezing rain. We have had a couple bad ice storms here lately in Oklahoma and the ice has been about quater inch thick. so I made these to slip on and now the ice is easy remove and no hard scraping on window. easy for defroster to work also. Side windows pieces slide down into the front metal that is at a angle in the front of door around the glass. top piece on inside is held together with tape so it folds over top and it rest on inside of truck. This keeps wind from blowing them off truck. And the flap thats taped on the bottom cover the lower window track so no ice builds up there. It hangs down about 2" below window. Windshield is flexable with two taped together joints so you can pull it off from the ground and install it easy but you have to get on fender to raise wipers. Working on something simpler to install. They are made of sheet insulation call fan fold from Lowes. It has plastic coating and ice falls off if you just smack it lightly when removing it. The ice that is on the lower window edge is from when I was making them. They have worked so far but they have to be put behind seat when not in use if taken, thats kinda a pain not to break them. Cheap but effective.
Large drum liner trash bags simply tied around the mirror barckets make reuseable mirror covers. No scraping mirrors now

Attachments

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smart thinking! I know you guys in Oklahoma really got hit. We're getting ready for about 7 - 9 inches of snow tonight. I plan to play in the snow with the Deuce tomorrow if the forecast is correct.

IMA944T

Played in snow and ice yesterday also. Am a mail carrier by trade so this stuff sucks to work in but going to work at 5 in morning and finding a big completely smooth parking lot with nothing but ice was just asking for a 22 foot long 15000 pound truck to do a donut in. It was slow but almost like poetry in motion as it swept around for the second time.

combat32

I am a letter carrier too, you sure get a lot of strange looks and questions when you park your deuce in the employee parking lot;)

Pulled out 6 people on my way home from work last night,