• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No More Political Avatars or Signatures or Slamming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamangel

tough job you have Chris..I'm afraid people will continue to do what they want but it will just get more subtle...and therefore harder to judge deletion actions by the mods..but maybe not..just maybe people might adhere to the forum regs...Someone mentioned way back, that religious references should also not be included... I agree..just another word for politics IMHO..

Mike

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find it necessary to remind everyone about our politics policy around here.This thread was started in 2008:

Fast forward to October 2011 and we are having the same problem again. There have been way too many political threads, political posts, jabs, insults, etc... around here lately. I understand that people are mad about their situations, whether it's because of a job loss, portfolio collapse, poor health, etc..., but if you want to express your displeasure about your situation and blame it on a particular party or official, then you need to go elsewhere.

SS is where we come to get away from all of the crap on the national news. We come here to talk about our latest projects or look for answers to a MV problem, not to fight amongst ourselves about whose to blame for our nation's situation. I will not put up with any violations of this rule so don't be surprised if your post or thread disappears if it's political. Repeat offenders will be suspended or banned!
Moderators need to enforce the site rules, not just the ones they want to.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
steelsoldiers Administrator

I am guilty as charged, When it's pointed to our Commander and Chief. When I am wrong, I am wrong and I admit it. No need for any warnings 1-2 or 3.

As Tamangel said you all have a tough job and should not have to police for politics.

Thanks to the mods for all you do selflessly and without compensation.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is another reminder folks. I will NOT allow political discussions on this site. (The only exception is when it relates to a new anti-MV law. Those threads must remain non-partisan too.)

Why do I have this rule you ask?? Members who like and support each other because of their common love of MV's will end up hating each other because of their differing political views. I will not let that happen here.

I am going to start ruthlessly cleaning up the forums. If a thread has the slightest bit of political slant to it, it's gone, end of story. Political sigs? Gone! Political avatars? Gone! Repeat offenders will get the ban hammer dropped on them. Don't PM me whining about how your 15-page thread was deleted or how your carefully scribed post that took you 20 minutes to write was zapped. I don't want to hear it. First offense get's a warning, second gets you a 1 week vacation, third offense gets you a year off! Get the picture?

Paid members do NOT get special treatment either. The same rules apply to everyone.

Feel free to report a political post using the "report post" button so I can be sure to get them all.

deuceaid

Banned
This is another reminder folks. I will NOT allow political discussions on this site. (The only exception is when it relates to a new anti-MV law. Those threads must remain non-partisan too.)

Why do I have this rule you ask?? Members who like and support each other because of their common love of MV's will end up hating each other because of their differing political views. I will not let that happen here.

I am going to start ruthlessly cleaning up the forums. If a thread has the slightest bit of political slant to it, it's gone, end of story. Political sigs? Gone! Political avatars? Gone! Repeat offenders will get the ban hammer dropped on them. Don't PM me whining about how your 15-page thread was deleted or how your carefully scribed post that took you 20 minutes to write was zapped. I don't want to hear it. First offense get's a warning, second gets you a 1 week vacation, third offense gets you a year off! Get the picture?

Paid members do NOT get special treatment either. The same rules apply to everyone.

Feel free to report a political post using the "report post" button so I can be sure to get them all.

I am Glad You jumped into the discussion, I was starting to think You were an absentee landlord.....please keep it historically correct,, and keep the politics OUT !!!

Thanks...Deuceaid

tanhmmwv

"I am going to start ruthlessly cleaning up the forums. If a thread has the slightest bit of political slant to it, it's gone, end of story. Political sigs? Gone! Political avatars? Gone!"

question.... Does this also mean - NO MORE AMERICAN FLAGS ?
no references, no photos- no photos on trucks in photos, no photos in avatars, no discussions of the flag ect, anywhere. period. correct?

since, that - in itself is making a political statement/political slant. correct?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"I am going to start ruthlessly cleaning up the forums. If a thread has the slightest bit of political slant to it, it's gone, end of story. Political sigs? Gone! Political avatars? Gone!"

no references, no photos- no photos on trucks in photos, no photos in avatars, no discussions of the flag ect, anywhere. period. correct?

since, that - in itself is making a political statement/political slant. correct?
Thats a pretty ridiculoius observation. Why do folks try to stretch any rules or ordinances to the extreme? If that is the content you bring to the forum, you've arrived virtually empty handed. Any attempts to try to drag Ole Glory into a political issue will crash miserably.

KsM715

Really? Thats the kind of stupid ( yes I said stupid) post that starts all these problems.

You know thats not the case and just trying to stir the pot. If I were a mod for a day, you'd be taking a 30day vacation from SS just for that. (and well within the mods power to do so. The rules say Do Not make posts to bait others into a conflict)

Jesse6325

Just my 2cents worth here,, As I understand it Steelandcanvas created the Steel Soldiers site so he can do with it as he pleases.
That being said it makes sense to me banning all political posts, even those made in jest(I ran afoul of that one:whistle:)
Personally I came here to pick the brains of those who know more than I do about these interesting machines NOT discuss politics.
One more comment,,,, Why go baiting Steel? He has a a rather thankless (and non paying) job trying to keep this site dissolving into anarchy as it is.
Jus be grateful there IS a Steel Soldiers site and use at least a little common sense and COURTESY on here,,,, Please?

Vintage iron

Thank you jesse6325 for the unbiased and clear thoughts. One of the best things about this site is the mix of personalities and opinions! I hate to see SS become another striped down politicy correct shell site!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just my 2cents worth here,, As I understand it Steelandcanvas created the Steel Soldiers site so he can do with it as he pleases.
That being said it makes sense to me banning all political posts, even those made in jest(I ran afoul of that one:whistle:)
Personally I came here to pick the brains of those who know more than I do about these interesting machines NOT discuss politics.
One more comment,,,, Why go baiting Steel? He has a a rather thankless (and non paying) job trying to keep this site dissolving into anarchy as it is.
Jus be grateful there IS a Steel Soldiers site and use at least a little common sense and COURTESY on here,,,, Please?
Just a minor correction Jesse6325...it was Steelsoldiers (SS) who founded the site...not Steelandcanvas.

But everything else you said is spot on Bro!:beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think some of our members are having a tough time with comprehension here. Some things are taken too literal and to he the extreme. Example here is if someone has a signature that simply says "vote". Most members with common sense would not even pay it a second glance but there are a few that would beat the living daylights out of the "report post" button. Following that thought perhaps we should not discuss mvs as you can drive one to a political rally. I wish we could issue common sense on a daily basis.

STSCSS

One of the points about discussing politics is that no matter how nice people think they are when talking about politics, it is always a "mine are and you are not"
Just like religion it's fun to talk about on the mid watch on a ship were everybody is wearing big boy pants. Yet get back to homeport and the crybabies come out and people get offended just by the color of your tie.

Lets all just be Catholic (universal or as one depending on your Latin) on this and accept the politics of both sides and agree to crush those who don't support the Consitution of the United States of Americia.

tamangel

Sounds like a good example of what the MODs are trying not to have featured here.. some things are a given (and I don't mean the reference to religion comment..).. What part of discussions limited to MV's are we not getting.. the whole prob is that folks don't follow the guidelines as they think they are w/in bounds or think that if they are subtle enough, a comment can 'squeak by'.....foul.. just my POV..

Don't miss the point of this whole thread..

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks