• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No More Political Avatars or Signatures or Slamming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddm

I agree with you totally on this subject. On another note, congratulations Chris on getting your M923A2 on the September page of the 2009 Military Vehicles Magazine calender. Keep up the excellent work guys!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
From this moment on, there will be no more political avatars, political signature lines or political slamming in the forums. It is doing nothing positive for our site. All it does is create anger and dissension in the ranks. I am tired of it. I'm not talking about MV related politics. There is a place for that here. I'm talking about the sign-holding, candidate touting general political crap.

This is a military vehicle site, not a DNC site or a RNC site. There are plenty of other opportunities on the net for political wrangling. Don't do it here. If you don't fix your avatars, I will delete them and disable your ability to use one. Same thing with your sig lines. I will delete them and lock out the option in your account. Cut out the political slamming in your posts or they will be deleted. You get one warning and on the next post, you lose posting privileges for a week. One more and you lose a month. One more and you are done for a year.

I'm not messing around on this! I don't care who you are voting for in November. Keep it about the MV's!

This is a new post to share the ruling, but there will be no commentary allowed on this one. There was too much junk and disrespect in the last one. This is your final notice. Any further testing of the forum waters will result in suspension or outright banning of members. Drop the attitudes and get back to the military vehicles. That's why we are all here!!
Folks, some signature lines are beginning to cross the lines. Read the above post by Chris. Then re-read it. If you have questions, pm me.

We'll give it a day or so then we're going to start editing as necessary.

Thanks

C

Last edited by a moderator:

nklpltd

I am a new member to the site, and i love everything about this site. I don't currently own a MV, but plan to in the future. I have read a few posts on here that have gotten out of hand, and i would really hate to see this hobby catch lots of flak from the outside because of things said here. This is a hobby that has interested me ever since my deployment, and i would really hate to see things with this hobby end for me before it can even begin. Thanks mods for trying to clean up this site and lets all just stick to MVs and have a good time!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
From this moment on, there will be no more political avatars, political signature lines or political slamming in the forums. It is doing nothing positive for our site. All it does is create anger and dissension in the ranks. I am tired of it. I'm not talking about MV related politics. There is a place for that here. I'm talking about the sign-holding, candidate touting general political crap.

This is a military vehicle site, not a DNC site or a RNC site. There are plenty of other opportunities on the net for political wrangling. Don't do it here. If you don't fix your avatars, I will delete them and disable your ability to use one. Same thing with your sig lines. I will delete them and lock out the option in your account. Cut out the political slamming in your posts or they will be deleted. You get one warning and on the next post, you lose posting privileges for a week. One more and you lose a month. One more and you are done for a year.

I'm not messing around on this! I don't care who you are voting for in November. Keep it about the MV's!

This is a new post to share the ruling, but there will be no commentary allowed on this one. There was too much junk and disrespect in the last one. This is your final notice. Any further testing of the forum waters will result in suspension or outright banning of members. Drop the attitudes and get back to the military vehicles. That's why we are all here!!
Bump-some folks must not have read this. :roll:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, how quickly we forget!

I am bringing this thread back to the top because of a recent spike in political jabs. Don't say, "It's the new guys who haven't read the rule," because it's not. It is a lot of long-time members who are breaking the rule. The mods and I are getting tired of editing posts and we are going to start deleting them without warning and then banning members who repeatedly break the rule.

Here's the rule again: No Politics!! No jokes, no cheap shots, no Nobama, no Probama, no anything! As soon as you type any political refernce in your post, know that it will be deleted. I don't care if you spend an hour carefully constructing your post, it's gone. Do it again and you're gone for at least a week!

The only exception is the Politics Related to the MV Hobby Forum. This will be carefully moderated as well.

Keep posts MV related and on target!!

Members, if you catch a political post, click the Report Post button to anonymously report the post to the mods.

Blythewoodjoe

Members, if you catch a political post, click the Report Post button to anonymously report the post to the mods.
Being the one in the group that will be looking for something only to discover I am holding it, where is the REPORT POST button? I don't mind reporting people and I don't care if I'm anonymous. I don't think many people forget either. Some of the guys on here just don't respect the rules and want things their way.

Joe

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, the Report Post button is under the user's info/avatar and it has an exclamation point on it. See the attached pic.

Joe, you are right. Some members don't forget, they just post whatever they want in spite of the rules.

Attachments

zout

Respect your decision - posted pics at my thread and had not seen the thread pertaining to this - went back and deleted my signature - appoligize I did not catch this before doing so.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I had to delete 5 posts this morning for political content. All 5 members received warnings. Second offense gets a 7 day suspension. Tighten up people!

wdbtchr

I'm not sure if I'm dense or maybe the same auto tune that removes advertisements from my attention, but I don't catch most political comments myself. It's good someone is watching and taking care of business. Thumbs up for out moderators, it's a tough often thankless job.

I like the fact that I have not talked about politics on this site and would like to keep it that way. To those how served use YOUR MILITARY TACT AND BEARING, and you can go with what most I've met have been tout "if you can say anything good. Don't say anything." Speaking for my self as a veteran I don't want to know about the WORLD NEWS, and politics I have had to deal with the dirty end. I came to this site to talk MV. If it became to political I would leave.

This is my Opinion
" IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE FRAKIN RULES LEAVE."

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I find it necessary to remind everyone about our politics policy around here.This thread was started in 2008:

Fast forward to October 2011 and we are having the same problem again. There have been way too many political threads, political posts, jabs, insults, etc... around here lately. I understand that people are mad about their situations, whether it's because of a job loss, portfolio collapse, poor health, etc..., but if you want to express your displeasure about your situation and blame it on a particular party or official, then you need to go elsewhere.

SS is where we come to get away from all of the crap on the national news. We come here to talk about our latest projects or look for answers to a MV problem, not to fight amongst ourselves about whose to blame for our nation's situation. I will not put up with any violations of this rule so don't be surprised if your post or thread disappears if it's political. Repeat offenders will be suspended or banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks