• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Need to EVER use a title service!!!

jvrotter

Glad that worked out for ya. Tried that once here in Cali and really came close to going postal on the DMV. Plus the fact that our local DMV office has to be the worst in Calif. We did get the vehicles registered but had to go to a title company.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I thought Vermont closed the title loophole? I know in the past, people were getting P.O. boxes specifically for titling gray market vehicles.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Title

Worked for me last week. Very easy no issue with VT DMV. told them I was out of state, sent my reg. and tags to my home address. Everything straight up. [thumbzup]

David

lavarok

You did this without a Vermont address?

I have a '97 suburban with a Florida Certificate of Destruction, but the truck is barely damaged. If I could get a Vermont title and tags, the truck could live again!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So to register it for 23,099 # its $470 + taxes then it still needs to be titled and registered in your home state . It sounds like $100 for a michigan title from Detroit Vintage Cycle would be alot cheaper .2cents

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was for the title, wich allowed him to get tags ..
According to a posting in the international title service thread 1redgmc it is for registration only. No title But has a place to sign-off to transfer ownership . So it dosen't sound like you get a actual title .

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Title

Ok, here is the deal.

If the truck is older than 10yrs then in Vermont you ONLY need a bill of sale to get a reg. and tags. They do not only give out the reg. which is the SAME as a title in "TITLE" states they also give you tags at the same time. So...title states like Maryland will honor the VT reg. and issue you a Maryland title based on the Vermont reg. I am sending the VT tags BACK and requesting a refund. What you claim a pruchase price on the bill of sale is your business...and that's basis for how much you pay in VT taxes.

1. This process is only needed if you DONT have a title for your truck.

2. This is cheaper than using a title company that does the same thing but charges a fee on TOP of the actual cost.

3. The VT reg. fee for a CUCV is $27.00 The taxes based on what you claim as the sales price is the rest of the fee.

4. Yes they will give you a VT reg. and tags EVENTHOUGH you live in another state...I asked!! [thumbzup]

5. I will not be driving this truck in Maryland with VT tags....I am just using Vermont to get in the system. I will apply for a Maryland title & tags and then get Ins.

David

:grd:

spicergear

When I got my 406 Mog the guy I got it from never did anything to it so it was technically STILL in the guys name HE got it from in Georgia. I found a registration card for the Georgia guy and tracked him down. He WAS OH SO KIND to make me up a bill of sale for the truck. I took that bill of sale and the Registration to PennDOT and got chastized and basically belittled at the window. I called the Georgia DOT and explained my situation that PA needed something a little more specific and asked exactly WHAT they do for states that do not except a bill of sale. She told me they off a Certificate of Verification which basically is an official state form stating the truck existed in their DOT records legally and list the VIN, Title, and Registration numbers. I then called PennDOT and got a very, very nice lady who listened to me and I explained about the Georgia system and how if its been out of the system for 10yrs (in GEORGIA) they will NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE WHATSOEVER issue a title. She told me to send it in with all my paperwork and it should be okay.

I got the Verification from GA, sent it in, got what I needed back, then the registration place screwed the weight up. [thumbzup]

hemijosh426

I just used the Vermont DMV to get a title for one of my trucks. I am in Maryland and just sent in a bill of sale and the VT paperwork off their internet DMV site along with a P.O. money order for the taxes and fees. They sent me a VT reg. and tags in about 1 week!!!

Use this form: http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD119-Vehicle_Reg_Tax_Title_App.pdf

David
Im glad you shared this info with us, im also from maryalnd, and I would like to try and title my duece this way. I have a few questions for you about how you applied for vermont,

Did you have to have your vin verified? I saw this at the bottom of their paperwork.

Did you buy from a dealer or private seller, and did you make your own bill of sale to send to vermont?

Thanks for your help!