• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power at all. Which is the culprit?

JeremiahS

I was driving deuce home on a long day of driving and started to run out of fuel. Leaving from my mom's house in bfe at night and all the gas stations along the way were already closed. I had some unfiltered oil in the bed, so I reluctantly put it in the tank. Ran fine for about 25 miles, I added about 10 gal of gasoline. Still seemed to be running ok until about 5 miles more down the road. It idled fine, revved up alright, then it seemed like it had no power on any kind of grade. Then it wouldn't rev up past 1800 rpm or so. We have plenty of hills here. It slowly made it home. I was in 2nd gear low all along my road. Got her home, thankfully, at about 5 mph.
My first thought was clogged fuel filter. Someone of reasonable knowledge thought it might have sucked air when I got low on fuel. Wouldn't the air have caused problems much earlier? Just wanted to fish for advice before I tore in to solve the problem.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you changed the filters ? Do you drain the water out of the filter housings regularly . Anytime you put unfiltered anything in the tank nothing good will come of it . Have you open the bleeder at the secondary filters to see if fuel ismaking it that far ? Could be a pluged screen in the tank pick-up .
You need to check the fuel system from the tank forward and see how far the fuel is making it .

m816

Sounds like water and gunk in the fuel system. Change the filters starting at the primary.Water don't burn and the gunk from the bottom of the tank will clog everything in between.