• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power brakes or PS

tgtaylor64

Really need some help. I've replaced the PS pump and the hydroboost unit. Still nothing. No leaks or blockages that I can detect. Jacked up front end and got the air out of the system while pumping the brakes and turning lock to lock per the TM.

dependable

Is it possible the belt that runs PS pump is really loose and not driving it?

I assume you are sure pump is filled to correct level.

Hoses hooked up correctly and not pinched?

tgtaylor64

What about the steering box? Are the outer axle U joints both free and not binding? I mean what made you replace the pump and brake booster?
The truck drives down the road, just with manual brakes and steering. The PS failed first; I replaced the pump. Then the brakes, I replaced the HB.

dependable

At this point I'd probably test pump output, and system flow in general, it would not be the first time a new part was defective.

One other, probably unlikely scenario, is that one of the protective plugs on a new component was not removed. Sounds bizarre, but I actually encountered this in a newly purchased vehicle that previous owner had sold mid-fix up.

That is all I can think of from here, good luck.