• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power to M1010

F0Rabbit

So, Ive messed up. I forgot to disconnect the battery while working on the dash and when I tried to turn it on it cranked for half a second and cut out really quick. Now theres no power to anything.
(No noise from glowplugs, wont crank, headlights, turnsignals, surgical light - everything)

Wondering what exactly I broke by being an idiot and how to force it into neutral while its off. If that is even possible.

Thanks

cucvrus

Force into neutral???

Are you referring to the transmission? No power needed to put in neutral position. I think you have loose cables or a bad connection somewhere that made it stop cranking a half second into cranking. That is odd. That happens when jump starting vehicles if you have a bad connection. This is my attempt to assist from afar. Good Luck.

cucvrus

Put the key into the ignition and turn it on. Engine does NOT need to be running. Set parking brake or block wheels and place gear selector in neutral or any position but park. May I suggest you remove rear drive shaft and make sure front hubs are unlocked and released from the front axles. If it has been setting or is not operating as designed the front hubs can lock in and NOT release. Use a tow bar to tow carefully. Remove the rear section of the driveshaft from the axle yoke and tie the driveshaft up. No Need to remove it entirely. Avoid the transfer case leaking this way and make reassembly a breeze. Good Luck.