• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no power

deess

can anyone help ? picked up my second deuce from sanantonio and drove it home to houston,i noticed it did not have alot of power,35 mph up the hills on i10 and maybe 55 down them.it seems to pop out of the exaust when its idling.the motor is real sluggish when you first push the accelerator pedal.it had the compensator bypassed,so i replumbed it to make it operational from the diagrams recently posted and changed the secondary and final filters.bled the air at the canisters and the injectors. now it will barely move.the motor does not idle up when first started holding the pedal to the floor for a few seconds.i have made it go from bad to worse any advice would be greatly appreciated.by the way its a m109a3 shop van. thanks shane

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a fuel problem to me in the injector pump or an injector. That pop you hear is more than likely a miss. It could be a head or valve problem but I bet it has to do with fuel.

I'd leave the FDC bypassed if it was mine ( some people here would disagree). They can go bad and dump fuel into the crankcase.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any smoke from the exhaust? Might want to check the fuel rate adjusters. Sometimes the locknut can come loose and they will both back off. Just a thought.

bottleworks

deess said:
it seems to pop out of the exaust when its idling.
I would check valve adjustment first.

With the fuel filter change, was the in-tank pump working?

Also, put the FDC back the way it was! Keep that FDC bypassed. The engine, once fixed, can run alternative fuels normally without it.

deess said:
...and the injectors.
You don't have to open the injector lines to the injectors to bleed the fuel system.

I suggest downloading the manuals available on this web site and reading them.

deess

RE: Re: no power

i did read the manuals about changing the filters and it said to bleed the canisters then the injectors.did i miss something?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: no power

Make sure it is getting full throttle before you do anything. Easy things first. Also, take a look at the shut off shaft. If it isn't pushed in all the way, it will start and run, but have real low power and slow acceleration

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks