• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no power

WOLFMAN1

my teuck doesn't have much get up and go. i feel like im driving with the brakes on. the trtansfer is in high. the truck is a gasser any ideas? go across level ground and doesn't pick up speed fast enough to hit second. or does it take so many feet before it reaches high enough speed to hit second. My first mv so im new at a gasser
aua:cookoo:aua:cookoo::?:

Westech

CPL
well does it roll ez on flat ground or down a hill? are the brakes adjusted too tight? check the timing, valve clearence, air and fuel filters, spark plugs, ect..... and I do add its very hard to understand what you are trying to say. I really have no clue on what your typing here
"go across level ground and doesn't pick up speed fast enough to hit second. or does it take so many feet before it reaches high enough speed to hit second"
you might want to try that one again.

WOLFMAN1

when i drive on level ground, i have the pedal almost to the floor. when i try to shift into second the truck slows down to quick to put it in second. i have to shift it back to first and speed back up. of course i am offroad while doing this. not going down hill. does this work better

rlwm211

Sounds like you have a brake dragging. I would block the wheels, and jack up one axle at a time and check the brake adjustment. The wheel should turn freely with a hint if drag of the shoes. Any more and it will be too much.

If you need to adjust the brakes it is not too bad to do a minor adjustment. That can be done with the wheels on the truck. A major adjustment requires using a feeler gauge in the inspection port and that may not be possible with the wheels on. I always do mine when I am doing PM on the bearings so I have the wheels of anyways.

RL

Oldfart

Could the Parking brake be dragging? Sometimes the pawl release handle will be released before the brake is fully off and some brake drag may remain. I forgot to release the parking brake the other day and I discovered it when the old automatic would not shift up when I pulled out of my parking spot.

WOLFMAN1

No power

THERE IS NO SMELL OF BRAKE BURNING. any other suggestions. bleed the brakes might work? havent done that yet and just installed after market brake fluid resivor

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks