• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no power?

vincentbsll

I have no power when I run on diesel fuel but when I start running off of used motor oil I see a huge increase in power. Has anybody ever heard of this or have any idea as to what the cause would be. I just went back to diesel fuel a few days ago and now it won't climb a slight incline without the speed falling off about 5 MPH.

Flyingvan911

Is your fuel density compensator (FDC) bypassed? That could be the problem. The thicker WMO is getting causing a higher fuel flow. The diesel for some reason can't get through like it should. Search for fdc bypass in the search box. There are several very helpful threads.

Flyingvan911

I bet that's the problem. You should bypass it. That will solve several potential problems at once. You can still burn WMO and other multifuel fuels with it bypassed.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Diesel fuel is around 135 to 140kbtu per gallon
Waste motor oils can go upwards of 200kbtu per gallon

Bypass your FDC

vincentbsll

OK so I bypassed the fdc yesterday and definitely a huge difference. I can't believe how quick the rpms build now. Definitely need to install the pyrometer now to be on the safe side. Thanks for everyone's input.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks